Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Whole Sign Houses

Lolo Bardonik

I was studying about the different house systems and how they work and "stumbled" upon some articles that I wanted to share with the group. I think they contain important knowledge for us SS.

According to the following articles the original house system was clockwise! (this means that the 12th house was the first one). One author connects the change from clockwise to counter-clockwise as a corruption of sorts.

Another author locates the loss of knowledge when the astrology texts were translated from Greek to Arabic. The meanings got confused. The xian plague corrupted knowledge in europe and after the Renaissance the (corrupted) Arabic texts got re-translated to english.

Recently some ancient greek astrology texts were translated revealing that the whole sign system was used. It's mentioned that the vedic astrology still uses the whole sign system.

Read more in the following links:

https://darkstarastrology.com/house-system-astrology/
http://classicalastrology.tribe.net/thr ... f5f753761d
http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat56/ ... m2026.html

What are your thoughts about this?
Do you think the houses were clockwise?
Is there a corruption in the house systems?
What house systems do you use?

This is absolute garbage. First off, astrology SHOWS us who we are, it does not blindly TELL us. Natal charts are a map of the soul. Anyone using the methods you posted here would not get anywhere in astrology. Why? Because it simply is not accurate. I have had readings done by "astrologers", and it was very inaccurate. Some accurate stuff, but most was not. When HPS Maxine did my chart, I was blown away by the real, actual, accurate, in-depth information.
High Priestess Maxine has spent over 40 years studying astrology, and she has knowledge from the Gods. I also have knowledge from the Gods. You know, the Gods who bring us Truth and teach us real information, not useless corrupted crap.
I didn't mean to tear into you, but posting garbage like this can really hinder people who are new to astrology. Before posting something and claiming it to be "important knowledge" as you wrote, make sure you do research and test it out for yourself. Go ahead, test out the "knowledge" you posted and see if it is accurate. I can guarantee it is not.

Wow... lydia... I didn't expect such a strong reaction! I'm a bit shocked...

I think i didn't phrase my intro correctly and this created a misunderstanding. I meant to write, "they seem to contain important info". It was my opinion, and I expected to hear others' opinions on this subject.

You do understand that I'm not trying to deny astrology, right? And you do understand that I didn't post this articles accepting them as the truth. Right? And also, I didn't deny that the knowledge that the Gods give us is wrong. Is that clear too?

Did you read my questions on the bottom of the list? Do these questions seem that I'm stating these articles as the truth?

I'm looking for a discussion with knowledgeable people, that can share their opinion about these articles, not get attacked and accused without reason!

The way I see it, is that getting attacked without reason, while seeking knowledge and discussion, is a certain way to "hinder people new to astrology".

Even if my opinion is wrong, you can share your opinion so I can learn too. But there's no need to attack me personally for sharing a few articles and asking an opinion on the subject.

I hope this makes sense to you, lydia, and clears the misunderstanding.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 6:38 PM, lydia_666@... [JoS_Astrology] <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] wrote:
  This is absolute garbage. First off, astrology SHOWS us who we are, it does not blindly TELL us. Natal charts are a map of the soul. Anyone using the methods you posted here would not get anywhere in astrology. Why? Because it simply is not accurate. I have had readings done by "astrologers", and it was very inaccurate. Some accurate stuff, but most was not. When HPS Maxine did my chart, I was blown away by the real, actual, accurate, in-depth information.
High Priestess Maxine has spent over 40 years studying astrology, and she has knowledge from the Gods. I also have knowledge from the Gods. You know, the Gods who bring us Truth and teach us real information, not useless corrupted crap.
I didn't mean to tear into you, but posting garbage like this can really hinder people who are new to astrology. Before posting something and claiming it to be "important knowledge" as you wrote, make sure you do research and test it out for yourself. Go ahead, test out the "knowledge" you posted and see if it is accurate. I can guarantee it is not.

Lolo, 
I don't think Lydia was attacking you. She pointed out that the "important knowledge for us SS." isn't correct and that information given is false. Therefor, it wouldn't be wise to tell new members who may not understand astrology yet about false and corrupted information. I agree that it's important for everyone to be aware of what is real and true, and what is false and wrong. You expected other's opinions and Lydia gave hers, yet you wouldn't accept that her opinion is different when she pointed out that the information you gave is wrong and wouldn't be helping anyone. That really defeats the whole purpose...
On the second half of your repsonse. You pointed out that you didn't expect such a strong reaction yet you question the response Lydia gave as if she hadn't understood a word you said. 

Even if my opinion is wrong, you can share your opinion so I can learn too. But there's no need to attack me personally for sharing a few articles and asking an opinion on the subject.

Then learn from what you just posted and realize that Lydia was not personally attacking you. The statement above goes hand in hand with the line I wrote above that. Next time, maybe read through what you intend to post and ask yourself how others will view this. 

From: [email protected] <[email protected] on behalf of Lolo Bardonik lolobardonik@... [JoS_Astrology] <[email protected]
Sent: February 20, 2016 11:10 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [JoS_Astrology] Re: Whole Sign Houses     Wow... lydia... I didn't expect such a strong reaction! I'm a bit shocked...

I think i didn't phrase my intro correctly and this created a misunderstanding. I meant to write, "they seem to contain important info". It was my opinion, and I expected to hear others' opinions on this subject.

You do understand that I'm not trying to deny astrology, right? And you do understand that I didn't post this articles accepting them as the truth. Right? And also, I didn't deny that the knowledge that the Gods give us is wrong. Is that clear too?

Did you read my questions on the bottom of the list? Do these questions seem that I'm stating these articles as the truth?

I'm looking for a discussion with knowledgeable people, that can share their opinion about these articles, not get attacked and accused without reason!

The way I see it, is that getting attacked without reason, while seeking knowledge and discussion, is a certain way to "hinder people new to astrology".

I hope this makes sense to you, lydia, and clears the misunderstanding.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 6:38 PM, lydia_666@... [JoS_Astrology] <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] wrote:
<u style="l[/IMG]   This is absolute garbage. First off, astrology SHOWS us who we are, it does not blindly TELL us. Natal charts are a map of the soul. Anyone using the methods you posted here would not get anywhere in astrology. Why? Because it simply is not accurate. I have had readings done by "astrologers", and it was very inaccurate. Some accurate stuff, but most was not. When HPS Maxine did my chart, I was blown away by the real, actual, accurate, in-depth information.

Well some things are quite simple. Just lay our your chart, western style. When Saturn comes on the way of your personal planets, just pay attention. Also, pay attention to pluto. Then you will be easily and at once convinced this is the real deal. Western astrology is the real deal.

Now some other systems can be important, theories and such, but many people just cannot accept or understand at once what they see in astrology, so they want to add more and more until it suits their ends. In fact, the simple western chart is very good at understanding things.

Of course there are hidden things in astrology and the Gods can really help with that. When self knowledge suffices, then Astrology comes to help. Its not the tool to understand "everything" with. It's a map.

First of all, Lydia, Jethro, HP Cobra,
Thank you for your replies! I really appreciate it.

And yes, for me also, western astrology makes a lot of sense to me. I've been using the Placidus house system for all my interpretations for more than 8 years now.

It makes sense for my own chart, it makes sense in the charts for my closest friends and family and it makes sense for everyone I ever did a chart.

But I'm always curious and always seek to learn more about how things in astrology work. And that's the reason, even though I can make very accurate interpretations with the placidus house system, that I want to see what other systems exist.

I believe, there's a reason (at least for me) to research this. Not in order to disprove something that I already know that it works, but to strengthen my reasoning about WHY and HOW this works. This is a true expression of my innate interest about the "inner workings" of astrology, and in extension, about the inner workings of our reality. And I feel this feeling comes to me from the Gods.

For me astrology is the fastest and most accurate way to explain the inner workings of a person and his/her soul and explains a lot in a "mathematical" way.

So, after studying a lot of years about western astrology, my analytical mind makes the next step and it's like;
- What if I change the house system from Placidus to Koch?
- What difference would that make?
- Will the interpretations will still be accurate?
- What if I change the house system to the Whole Sign system?
and so on...

So if anyone has already explored something like this, I would love to hear about it.

I hope this makes sense!

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 4:29 AM, hoodedcobra666@... [JoS_Astrology] <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] wrote:
  Well some things are quite simple. Just lay our your chart, western style. When Saturn comes on the way of your personal planets, just pay attention. Also, pay attention to pluto. Then you will be easily and at once convinced this is the real deal. Western astrology is the real deal.

Now some other systems can be important, theories and such, but many people just cannot accept or understand at once what they see in astrology, so they want to add more and more until it suits their ends. In fact, the simple western chart is very good at understanding things.

Of course there are hidden things in astrology and the Gods can really help with that. When self knowledge suffices, then Astrology comes to help. Its not the tool to understand "everything" with. It's a map.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back