Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Transhumanism & Satanism

bargalamis

I came across JOS a couple of weeks ago, first thing that hit me is how similiar these concepts are, first of all with my own existential beliefs, but also with many different spiritual traditions ive read about. Another thing that quickly came to my mind is the verse that i had heard in a hypnagogic state that i wrote down half-awake. Then upon reading it the next day it blew my mind and i have not been the same since. This was in my late teens. Since then I have learned about things like existentialism, spirituality, and experienced deep spiritual psychedelic transformation, kundalini and so on. All in the purpose of knowledge. I have and have always had the desire for the Unknown. Many times the reason for which i chose not to kill myself was this simple curiosity.

Here Im curious if, and to which extent, does Satanism support transhumanistic values?

Thanks

Copied from humanityplus.org:
How many of these statements do you agree with?

1. Do you believe that people have a right to use technology to extend their mental and physical (including reproductive) capacities and to improve their control over their own lives?
2. Do you think that by being generally open and embracing of new technology we have a better chance of turning it to our advantage than if we try to ban or prohibit it?
3. Do you expect human progress to result from human accomplishment rather than divine intervention, grace, or redemption?
4. Do you think it would be a good thing if people could become many times more intelligent than they currently are?
5. Do you DISAGREE with the idea that human genetic engineering is always wrong because it is "playing God"?
6. Does your ethical code advocate the well-being of all sentient beings, whether in artificial intellects, humans, posthumans, or non-human animals?
7. Do you believe women should have the right to terminate their pregnancies?
8. Do you think it would be a good thing if people could live for hundreds of years or longer?
9. Would you consider having your mind uploaded to computers if it was the only way you could continue as a conscious person?
10. Should parents be able to have children through cloning once the technology is safe?

How many did you agree with?

* 7-10: You are a transhumanist. Go forth and share the memes.
* 5-6: You are probably a transhumanist.
* 2-4: You have some (trans)humanist tendencies. We can nurture them.
* 0-1: You are not a transhumanist yet. But we can help. Consult us frequently

Sure does.

I've enhanced my intellect and memory with magick, spent a short while on the rest of my body too.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "bargalamis" <bargalamis@... wrote:

I came across JOS a couple of weeks ago, first thing that hit me is how similiar these concepts are, first of all with my own existential beliefs, but also with many different spiritual traditions ive read about. Another thing that quickly came to my mind is the verse that i had heard in a hypnagogic state that i wrote down half-awake. Then upon reading it the next day it blew my mind and i have not been the same since. This was in my late teens. Since then I have learned about things like existentialism, spirituality, and experienced deep spiritual psychedelic transformation, kundalini and so on. All in the purpose of knowledge. I have and have always had the desire for the Unknown. Many times the reason for which i chose not to kill myself was this simple curiosity.

Here Im curious if, and to which extent, does Satanism support transhumanistic values?

Thanks

Copied from humanityplus.org:
How many of these statements do you agree with?

1. Do you believe that people have a right to use technology to extend their mental and physical (including reproductive) capacities and to improve their control over their own lives?
2. Do you think that by being generally open and embracing of new technology we have a better chance of turning it to our advantage than if we try to ban or prohibit it?
3. Do you expect human progress to result from human accomplishment rather than divine intervention, grace, or redemption?
4. Do you think it would be a good thing if people could become many times more intelligent than they currently are?
5. Do you DISAGREE with the idea that human genetic engineering is always wrong because it is "playing God"?
6. Does your ethical code advocate the well-being of all sentient beings, whether in artificial intellects, humans, posthumans, or non-human animals?
7. Do you believe women should have the right to terminate their pregnancies?
8. Do you think it would be a good thing if people could live for hundreds of years or longer?
9. Would you consider having your mind uploaded to computers if it was the only way you could continue as a conscious person?
10. Should parents be able to have children through cloning once the technology is safe?

How many did you agree with?

* 7-10: You are a transhumanist. Go forth and share the memes.
* 5-6: You are probably a transhumanist.
* 2-4: You have some (trans)humanist tendencies. We can nurture them.
* 0-1: You are not a transhumanist yet. But we can help. Consult us frequently

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back