Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Tired as a zombie all day, energetic all evening

Demonic Tech

This has been going on for years and years and years...

I live in a loop where I am very energetic during the evening and I want to play videogames, voice chat with my friends, do anything rather than sleep, and I actually feel somewhat angry at the fact that I must stop the current entertainment to go to sleep, which often leads me to stay up late, so the next day I wake up soon enough to work but I am basically a zombie until I clock out.
From 6pm onwards, I feel full of energy, especially thinking at how I'm now "free" having finished work.

In some periods it's better, in some periods it's worse. Now I'm in one of the worse periods. Which led me to ask advice here.
Today has been particularly insane, I've literally been so tired and sleepy all day that I barely meditated, but as soon as the clock signed 6pm, it's like I woke up. Now it's midnight and I have zero sleepiness.

Has anyone here ever faced this issue? Has anyone any advice on how to deal with this?

I live in a loop where I am very energetic during the evening and I want to play videogames, voice chat with my friends, do anything rather than sleep, and I actually feel somewhat angry at the fact that I must stop the current entertainment to go to sleep, which often leads me to stay up late, so the next day I wake up soon enough to work but I am basically a zombie until I clock out.
From 6pm onwards, I feel full of energy, especially thinking at how I'm now "free" having finished work.

In some periods it's better, in some periods it's worse. Now I'm in one of the worse periods. Which led me to ask advice here.
Today has been particularly insane, I've literally been so tired and sleepy all day that I barely meditated, but as soon as the clock signed 6pm, it's like I woke up. Now it's midnight and I have zero sleepiness.

Has anyone here ever faced this issue? Has anyone any advice on how to deal with this?

This is sometimes a sign of blood or yin deficency according to traditional chinese medicine. Centralforce would be able to give you a consultation and advise you for treatment options if it is severe and affecting your life. I dealt with this for decades. I have done herbal tonics he recommended and there has been some improvement, but every case is different and it takes time to get better.

Do your best to get on a better schedule with sleep, diet, and try to limit the entertainment as best you are able to.

Also assess other aspects of your life. Like are you happy with your job? Do you enjoy your current routine in life?

Maybe alongside all all this you need to change some things to be happier.

You may have the "night owl" gene, 10% of the population in Europe has it. If that's the case (and maybe it is, if you've been struggling with this for years) it is in your DNA. In the past, some people (in tribes, comunities...) had the task to remain awake all night and sleep through the day (protectors against night dangers, night guards, sentries...), if a habit like this is passed through generations, it literally transforms in a gene called CRY1 and can manifest itself in some descendants. It can also be something you bring from your past life. Some people are born with the predisposition to stay awake and live their life at night. You could try self-hypnosis to re-program your subconscious and slowly change your sleep habits.

This at least for me was a consequence of going to bed late for a long period of time. Just playing video games or chatting until late.

If you initially had a regular sleep, most of the time the dopamine and stimuli released by video games create this desire to stay awake, fast enough to go to sleep from 11pm to 3-4-5. If this continues for a few years, the biological clock drastically alters, creating exactly this situation.

The solution in this case is to force yourself to go to bed around 11-11.30pm (the first night you won't sleep) and try to stay awake the whole following day until 11pm. Try to maintain this position and you will see that in a short time you will be as good as new.

Another possible cause, at least as far as I'm concerned, is excessive meditation. When I started meditating I was elated to immediately feel the effects and progress, starting so directly with so many repetitions and runes, in a short time I literally burned out, I almost struggled to maintain my balance.

In this case, don't overdo it and continue step by step, with what suits you best, there is no need to overdo it.

It is really hard in a world that mostly expects people to be awake early and go to bed early. I think like Isisd said it might be a genetic thing. The only thing that has helped me is a consistent schedule but even then I don't enjoy that first hour or so of waking. Also just allowing yourself a lot of time to fully wake up. Don't beat yourself up about it too much either, I spent many years thinking I was just lazy but if it is a genetic thing there is only so much we can do.

I have a similar syndrome but I live it creatively.
My better moment to program begin at the end of the afternoon and I can continue up to 4:00 am, at least 2:00 am.
It's the best moment to intellectualize what I dream/imagine. The morning, my brain is not in this intellectual/dreamer mode.

But about what is physical, working on construction site... getting an early start to the day is most efficient, if you start too late, you have no energy.
For sure, you fall in the bed at 9:00 pm, but your body appreciate these periods.

I'd say your problem is, above all, videogames which consume your creative potential and you feel bad.

I don't think I have a genetic nor past-life legacy predisposition to "night life".
I very much not like nights or being in the dark, and my mood tends to get worse at night.
I tend to be more anxious at night.
Also, I don't think I had this problem as a kid, only from teenage years onward.
I think the best assumption is the one made by @Xerath666 here. Most likely, it's the stimuli.

I am a night owl with the CRY1 gene, I found that out when doing some genetic examinations for potential diseases I could be predisposed to and whatnot.
My experience does not align with yours. I simply enjoy the night far more, I'm most productive when working a night shift and I generally have no regrets about my sleep schedule. If you feel that something is wrong when you stay up at night, you most likely aren't genetically predisposed to stay up at night, since if you were, it would simply feel normal.
So in order to solve your energy issue, do work on getting better quality sleep, and forcing yourself to wake up early.
In addition, Italians have a tradition that I've kept long after I've moved, and it genuinely does help with energy. Only eat your sugar in the morning. I always have a small desert for breakfast and very little sugar otherwise, and I find that the spike in insulin in the morning helps a lot to stay energized. Obviously, don't have too much sugar in the morning. About 50% of my bodyweight in kg is the amount of sugar in grams I have. And have a lunch that's rich in Omega 3 fat and in slow acting carbs, so you can avoid an insulin crash and help your health as well.

Forgot to mention that a good way to tell is to look at your sleep schedule as a child. Children under 10 generally get tired very easily around 10PM, since their natural circadian rhythm hasn't been altered.
I, however, would routinely fall asleep at 4AM as an 8 year old. Medical check-up after medical check-up, nothing was wrong. I had to go through middle school on an evening schedule, because waking up in the morning (and falling asleep in the evening) was genuinely killing me.
It's been a "problem" as long as I've been sentient, lol. If it's not the case for whoever is reading this, you are not a genetic night owl.

Bad habits and videogame dopamine addiction. Start correcting your habits and your energy issues will get fixed.

Yeah, I'm not a night owl. I just have the issues mentioned here.
It's not like I didn't know it, this thread was more about asking advice on how to get rid of these issues rather than looking for a "diagnosis".
I already had my diagnosis, it's pretty self evident.

I am a night owl with the CRY1 gene, I found that out when doing some genetic examinations for potential diseases I could be predisposed to and whatnot.
My experience does not align with yours. I simply enjoy the night far more, I'm most productive when working a night shift and I generally have no regrets about my sleep schedule. If you feel that something is wrong when you stay up at night, you most likely aren't genetically predisposed to stay up at night, since if you were, it would simply feel normal.
So in order to solve your energy issue, do work on getting better quality sleep, and forcing yourself to wake up early.
In addition, Italians have a tradition that I've kept long after I've moved, and it genuinely does help with energy. Only eat your sugar in the morning. I always have a small desert for breakfast and very little sugar otherwise, and I find that the spike in insulin in the morning helps a lot to stay energized. Obviously, don't have too much sugar in the morning. About 50% of my bodyweight in kg is the amount of sugar in grams I have. And have a lunch that's rich in Omega 3 fat and in slow acting carbs, so you can avoid an insulin crash and help your health as well.
Yeah man, your experience is completely different than mine, a strong sign is that while reading this it felt very "wrong" (for me, of course) and made no sense, I literally can't even start to relate, lol. Interesting to read, nonetheless. It made me think that perhaps in a future, better society, we can have alternate schedules for people like you too.

Yeah, I'm not a night owl. I just have the issues mentioned here.
It's not like I didn't know it, this thread was more about asking advice on how to get rid of these issues rather than looking for a "diagnosis".
I already had my diagnosis, it's pretty self evident.
When you are looking at issues of wakefulness, looking at your adrenal system/TCM kidneys would be a good start. This has some relationship to Mars and provides the stimulus to wake the body in the morning, like an Aries stimulus. I am not sure on the full extent of your Circadian Rhythm vs overall vitality here, but just being tired upon wake appears to be as an indicator of low kidney yang. This would be further shown by signs like eye bags, congestion, knee or back soreness, undereye discoloration or bags, and some other symptoms.

Fatigue is generally a yang problem, whereas being excessively hyper can come from a yin deficiency. Other symptoms back this up, such as inability to sleep or feel calm, being jittery or high-strung or even angry, as well as possible heat or dryness symptoms. What's important to understand here is that these "wired" states are not always like a healthy sense of energy, but it is rather an ungrounded state. It is possible you are cycling between a more "true" state of low energy, then an ungrounded and wired state. The presence of other symptoms is how you can try to distinguish or verify this.

There are variety of things you can do here. First, try to increase your energy, especially in the morning. Do the breath of fire or other exercise to get your yang energy up. You can also breath in solar energy and program it to charge your wakefulness energies (in a positive way). Don't skip meals. Also, try holding the Kidney 3 or ST36 acupoints. Kidney 3 builds kidney yang and yin energy which will wake you up and stabilize you. ST36 is a digestive point; relating to solar energies, this energizes the whole body and is better for general vitality.

In the case of being overly wired, you can use lunar energies to calm, cool, and hydrate the body, as well as stimulate a healthy sense of sleep and recovery. Kidney 3 will also work, but a stronger yin point is Spleen 6. Look any of these points up and hold them for perhaps 10 minutes or as needed. You should be able to judge the difference in your energy and body from them.

Other balancing methods, such as Satanama, will also help. Feel free to test out different programming. Let me know what results you get from any of these tips.

When you are looking at issues of wakefulness, looking at your adrenal system/TCM kidneys would be a good start. This has some relationship to Mars and provides the stimulus to wake the body in the morning, like an Aries stimulus. I am not sure on the full extent of your Circadian Rhythm vs overall vitality here, but just being tired upon wake appears to be as an indicator of low kidney yang. This would be further shown by signs like eye bags, congestion, knee or back soreness, undereye discoloration or bags, and some other symptoms.

Fatigue is generally a yang problem, whereas being excessively hyper can come from a yin deficiency. Other symptoms back this up, such as inability to sleep or feel calm, being jittery or high-strung or even angry, as well as possible heat or dryness symptoms. What's important to understand here is that these "wired" states are not always like a healthy sense of energy, but it is rather an ungrounded state. It is possible you are cycling between a more "true" state of low energy, then an ungrounded and wired state. The presence of other symptoms is how you can try to distinguish or verify this.

There are variety of things you can do here. First, try to increase your energy, especially in the morning. Do the breath of fire or other exercise to get your yang energy up. You can also breath in solar energy and program it to charge your wakefulness energies (in a positive way). Don't skip meals. Also, try holding the Kidney 3 or ST36 acupoints. Kidney 3 builds kidney yang and yin energy which will wake you up and stabilize you. ST36 is a digestive point; relating to solar energies, this energizes the whole body and is better for general vitality.

In the case of being overly wired, you can use lunar energies to calm, cool, and hydrate the body, as well as stimulate a healthy sense of sleep and recovery. Kidney 3 will also work, but a stronger yin point is Spleen 6. Look any of these points up and hold them for perhaps 10 minutes or as needed. You should be able to judge the difference in your energy and body from them.

Other balancing methods, such as Satanama, will also help. Feel free to test out different programming. Let me know what results you get from any of these tips.
Thank you for the long advice, although I must say I am very unfamiliar with what you're proposing, is it based on acupuncture?
I'd start with something more familiar like Satanama, although even here I'm not sure what you mean I should do, vibrate it?

Thank you for the long advice, although I must say I am very unfamiliar with what you're proposing, is it based on acupuncture?
I'd start with something more familiar like Satanama, although even here I'm not sure what you mean I should do, vibrate it?
Acupuncture is done with needles, and acupressure is done with fingers or with a special accessory. Look up information about these acupoints and other miscellaneous information to help with this task. And yes, mantras to be the most effective are to be vibrated. Again, an almost endless amount of discussion of that mantra has taken place in these forums so you can easily start searching here about relevant information.

Acupuncture is done with needles, and acupressure is done with fingers or with a special accessory. Look up information about these acupoints and other miscellaneous information to help with this task. And yes, mantras to be the most effective are to be vibrated. Again, an almost endless amount of discussion of that mantra has taken place in these forums so you can easily start searching here about relevant information.
Thank you Brother.
I still have a couple of small doubts on the technicalities of vibrating, when I listen to the mp3s, it just sounds like chanting and the vibration is automatic, but I am not sure.
To be considered valid "vibrating", shouldn't I literally vibrate my throat while I chant, sort of like chanting it as "S-S-S-S-A-A-A-A-T-T-T...etc"?
Or alternatively, lower the tone of the chant as to feel the throat vibrating more than normally? Like, a more guttural chanting?

Thank you Brother.
I still have a couple of small doubts on the technicalities of vibrating, when I listen to the mp3s, it just sounds like chanting and the vibration is automatic, but I am not sure.
To be considered valid "vibrating", shouldn't I literally vibrate my throat while I chant, sort of like chanting it as "S-S-S-S-A-A-A-A-T-T-T...etc"?
Or alternatively, lower the tone of the chant as to feel the throat vibrating more than normally? Like, a more guttural chanting?
You are being hung up on technicalities. Everything is vibration. Mantras however, are not spoken, but called vibrations because of their specific vibrational effects while also being done in a certain manner. Look up Yogic Humming Breath technique and practice it. Then combine this principle with a mantra and you are being presented with a 'vibration'. To get the tone and pitch correctly along with proper pronunciation takes practice. Keep practicing every day and you'll learn.

Very simple actually, you said it yourself.
This happens when your mind is rebelling against the system you keep struggling with, which in this case would be your “work”. Feeling free afterwards could be a sign you are not completely happy with what you do, the hobbies, all that you actually want to do give you the actual motivation. Consider where your life is going and what you are actually doing in this moment.

Very simple actually, you said it yourself.
This happens when your mind is rebelling against the system you keep struggling with, which in this case would be your “work”. Feeling free afterwards could be a sign you are not completely happy with what you do, the hobbies, all that you actually want to do give you the actual motivation. Consider where your life is going and what you are actually doing in this moment.
I "love" my "work". I am a programmer, I love programming. I don't love why I program, to basically be forced for money to do it to further the agenda of some corporation.
It's the concept of being forced to do it, not the doing it in itself. Because again, I really love programming.

My dream is to see the JoS become big and wealthy enough to be able to hire programmers so I can feel like I'm doing something useful with my time.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back