Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

The Truth of Police Brutality

Ky B

https://drronmartinelli.com/2015/09/05/ ... -movement/ Police Officers Kill a Disproportionate Number of Black Men  Perhaps the most damaging, yet utterly ridiculous and false narratives forwarded by the Black Lives Matter movement is that police officers kill a disproportionate number of black males during encounters nationally. After hearing it exclaimed time again by BLM activists, I have determined that they say this as a deliberate scare tactic, hoping that no one will ever do the research and take them on. An excellent example of this tactic is what I heard one activist say on Megyn Kelley’s show that I was on. One BLM member told the audience, “One black man is murdered by police every twenty-eight hours.” Really?! Here’s the truth and I encourage you to review the research I have listed. In researching the most recent data from the FBI on homicides nationwide from January, 2009 to the end of 2012, of the 56,250 homicides reported during that period, 1,491 were the result of police uses of force. This equates to an average of roughly 372 persons a year dying as a result of police force intervention. Of the 1,491 persons who died as a result of police uses of force, 61.4% were white males. Only 32.2% were black males and 3.2% were males from other races. Females dying as a result of a police use of force comprised the final 3.2% of deaths. By comparison, of the 56,259 homicides reviewed from 2009 – 2012, 19,000 or nearly 39% involved the killing of black males. Of these, only 2.5% involved the death of a black male as a result of a police use of force. In contrast to police officers, private citizen killings of black males in self-defense justifiable homicides at 3.4% were higher than black male deaths attributed to police. What stands out as a significant and shocking statistic is that 17,719 criminal homicides (murders) of black males, or 93.3% from 2009 – 2012 were at the hands of other criminals who were predominately other black males (89.6%). This is what is referred to as “black on black crime.” In sharp contrast to the false narrative that police officers have some racial motivation to kill black men, from 2009 – 2012, nearly 41% of police officers were murdered by black males; whereas only 32.2% of homicides of black males were attributed to a police use of force. This is significant, given the fact that blacks as a whole comprise only 13% of the U.S. population of 316,128,839 persons and there are less than 900,000 peace officers in this country, many who do not work in a street patrol capacity. To put this study into perspective, an average of 120 black males, or one out of every 173,871 black males, die yearly as a result of police uses of force. This is compared to 2,369 black males being killed in motor vehicle accidents and 2,532 committing suicide each year. This means that the chance of a black male in the U.S. being killed by police during a use of force is roughly 0.00078% of one percent.  In fact, when all homicide of black males statistics are considered, black males are 35 times more likely to be murdered by another black male; 20 times more prone to die in a motor vehicle accident or by suicide; and 21 times more susceptible to being killed in a self-defense justifiable homicide than killed by any police use of force. Whereas, an average of 120 black males die each year as a result of a police use of force; 373 persons a year are struck by lightning. In essence, the chance of a black male dying as a result of police force intervention is considerably less than their chances of being struck by lightning. That’s far from the BLM movement’s assertion that police kill one black male every twenty-eight hours. By the way, recent Officers Injured/Killed in the line of duty statistics also show that upwards of 80% of suspects who injure or kill officers are armed with weapons; with 70% of those suspects being armed with handguns. So, the BLM inference that police officers are simply killing black men without cause; or for some benign reason is blatantly false.

Nice! Great find I love shoving statistics in people's faces

Sent from my iPhone
On Jul 9, 2016, at 8:57 PM, Ky B kyriquekyrique@... [BlacksforSatan] <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] wrote:
  https://drronmartinelli.com/2015/09/05/ ... -movement/ Police Officers Kill a Disproportionate Number of Black Men  Perhaps the most damaging, yet utterly ridiculous and false narratives forwarded by the Black Lives Matter movement is that police officers kill a disproportionate number of black males during encounters nationally. After hearing it exclaimed time again by BLM activists, I have determined that they say this as a deliberate scare tactic, hoping that no one will ever do the research and take them on. An excellent example of this tactic is what I heard one activist say on Megyn Kelley’s show that I was on. One BLM member told the audience, “One black man is murdered by police every twenty-eight hours.” Really?! Here’s the truth and I encourage you to review the research I have listed. In researching the most recent data from the FBI on homicides nationwide from January, 2009 to the end of 2012, of the 56,250 homicides reported during that period, 1,491 were the result of police uses of force. This equates to an average of roughly 372 persons a year dying as a result of police force intervention. Of the 1,491 persons who died as a result of police uses of force, 61.4% were white males. Only 32.2% were black males and 3.2% were males from other races. Females dying as a result of a police use of force comprised the final 3.2% of deaths. By comparison, of the 56,259 homicides reviewed from 2009 – 2012, 19,000 or nearly 39% involved the killing of black males. Of these, only 2.5% involved the death of a black male as a result of a police use of force. In contrast to police officers, private citizen killings of black males in self-defense justifiable homicides at 3.4% were higher than black male deaths attributed to police. What stands out as a significant and shocking statistic is that 17,719 criminal homicides (murders) of black males, or 93.3% from 2009 – 2012 were at the hands of other criminals who were predominately other black males (89.6%). This is what is referred to as “black on black crime.” In sharp contrast to the false narrative that police officers have some racial motivation to kill black men, from 2009 – 2012, nearly 41% of police officers were murdered by black males; whereas only 32.2% of homicides of black males were attributed to a police use of force. This is significant, given the fact that blacks as a whole comprise only 13% of the U.S. population of 316,128,839 persons and there are less than 900,000 peace officers in this country, many who do not work in a street patrol capacity. To put this study into perspective, an average of 120 black males, or one out of every 173,871 black males, die yearly as a result of police uses of force. This is compared to 2,369 black males being killed in motor vehicle accidents and 2,532 committing suicide each year. This means that the chance of a black male in the U.S. being killed by police during a use of force is roughly 0.00078% of one percent.  In fact, when all homicide of black males statistics are considered, black males are 35 times more likely to be murdered by another black male; 20 times more prone to die in a motor vehicle accident or by suicide; and 21 times more susceptible to being killed in a self-defense justifiable homicide than killed by any police use of force. Whereas, an average of 120 black males die each year as a result of a police use of force; 373 persons a year are struck by lightning. In essence, the chance of a black male dying as a result of police force intervention is considerably less than their chances of being struck by lightning. That’s far from the BLM movement’s assertion that police kill one black male every twenty-eight hours. By the way, recent Officers Injured/Killed in the line of duty statistics also show that upwards of 80% of suspects who injure or kill officers are armed with weapons; with 70% of those suspects being armed with handguns. So, the BLM inference that police officers are simply killing black men without cause; or for some benign reason is blatantly false.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back