Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Sleep and meditation

dbmsgames

So, I've read up on polyphasic sleeping, you can look it up online, basically it's doing 6 20 minute naps of rem sleep a day which gives u a full nights rest in only two hours. I was thinking, trying to fit this into my daily schedule is somewhat difficult and maybe there's some other way to get a full nights rest without having to do this or sleep 8-9 hours a night and wake up all tired. Is the basic thing you get from sleep just energy, so could I just do a long meditation that would give me enough energy that's equivalent to a full nights rest? Also I've heard that an hour of hypnosis is close to a couple of hours of sleep. If anyone has any thoughts on this or ideas it would be appreciated. Thanks

Sleep has many advantages not just rest. When you sleep is when your body heals itself, everything for a cold to broken bones to major diseases, the body heals when it sleeps. Getting adequate sleep also effects your mood and emotional stability, and your thought process and cognitive ability. You get many advantages from getting a good nights sleep.

Also keep in mind that, there is at least a two day lag in sleep cycles. For example if you were to get very little sleep tonight you will get through tomorrow pretty well, but he day after tomorrow you will be very tired. That is also why if you are sleep deprived one night will not fix the problem, you need to get adequate rest for at least three nights in a row to be back to normal.

Phantom

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "dbmsgames" <dbmsgames@... wrote:

So, I've read up on polyphasic sleeping, you can look it up online, basically it's doing 6 20 minute naps of rem sleep a day which gives u a full nights rest in only two hours. I was thinking, trying to fit this into my daily schedule is somewhat difficult and maybe there's some other way to get a full nights rest without having to do this or sleep 8-9 hours a night and wake up all tired. Is the basic thing you get from sleep just energy, so could I just do a long meditation that would give me enough energy that's equivalent to a full nights rest? Also I've heard that an hour of hypnosis is close to a couple of hours of sleep. If anyone has any thoughts on this or ideas it would be appreciated. Thanks

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back