Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Sinus pressure

kothebull

Every since Monday I have been fighting off a cold and all I had was a sore throat. But on Tuesday night one of my nostrils completely shut and I had a foggy felling in my head. It's been the same for 3 days and now I am getting a pain in my temple on the side that my nose is conjested. Does anyone have a natural remedy bc I don't want to take medicine
Thank you very much!
Hail Satan!

Hello, Ko. So this came out of nowhere?The last time this happened to me was when I skipped power meditation due t stress and issues happening in   my life. 
The seasons are changing and that can also leave one open to some imbalance.The first thing  noticed when I had the same issue was a lymphatic imbalance. Over congestion. This is my experience. CentralForce may have another take on this.
In the meantime. Keep doing your yoga and meditations. Today is Thursday and during hour of mercury you can start little affirmations using the new Satanas meditation HP Maxine posted.
Also, get lemon, organic preferred, and warm up some water, do not boil it and add half of the lemon and fresh ginger from your local market and if you are feeling bold, add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. This will get the lymph moving and the lemon helps to break up congestion in my own experience. Stay away from Dairy for a couple of days as Dairy can cause congestion. Dairy is not a bad food type but it does not make congestion better. The cayenne pepper and ginger are spices that helps to negate congestion due to overconsumption of dairy or any kind of fluid buildup in the body
I personally consume a lot of organic grassfed dairy, so thats no problem. I like it a lot but some cannot especially the commercial dairy....

---In [email protected], <kothebull@... wrote :

Every since Monday I have been fighting off a cold and all I had was a sore throat. But on Tuesday night one of my nostrils completely shut and I had a foggy felling in my head. It's been the same for 3 days and now I am getting a pain in my temple on the side that my nose is conjested. Does anyone have a natural remedy bc I don't want to take medicine
Thank you very much!
Hail Satan!

Thanks for the advice!:)I'm think my cold came from people at school since everyone is sick but now that you mention power meditation I pretty sure because of privacy issues i had to whisper my vibrations and it didn't feel very complete. I don't know maybe it was a combination of the 2. Also I always do my best to eat consume organic foods. And I if I may trouble you for one more question it would seem randomly sometimes my right jaw would lock up! And if I popped it loose once i close my mouth I locks back up. This started some time in late July. And the last occurrence was Tuesday night I appreciate everything:)

Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 26, 2015, at 11:35 AM, soutlaw92@... [SSHealth] <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] wrote:
  Hello, Ko. So this came out of nowhere?The last time this happened to me was when I skipped power meditation due t stress and issues happening in   my life. 
The seasons are changing and that can also leave one open to some imbalance.The first thing  noticed when I had the same issue was a lymphatic imbalance. Over congestion. This is my experience. CentralForce may have another take on this.
In the meantime. Keep doing your yoga and meditations. Today is Thursday and during hour of mercury you can start little affirmations using the new Satanas meditation HP Maxine posted.
Also, get lemon, organic preferred, and warm up some water, do not boil it and add half of the lemon and fresh ginger from your local market and if you are feeling bold, add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. This will get the lymph moving and the lemon helps to break up congestion in my own experience. Stay away from Dairy for a couple of days as Dairy can cause congestion. Dairy is not a bad food type but it does not make congestion better. The cayenne pepper and ginger are spices that helps to negate congestion due to overconsumption of dairy or any kind of fluid buildup in the body
I personally consume a lot of organic grassfed dairy, so thats no problem. I like it a lot but some cannot especially the commercial dairy....

---In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], <kothebull@... wrote :

Thank you very much!
Hail Satan!

The manner in which I might explain it is not so far removed from yours HP Shannon, albeit slightly more detailed.

Fluid circulation in the body is determined by the free flow of qi (energy) and qi stagnation (congestion) can lead to fluid build up or accumulation or "damp". This can turn into phlegm which is basically thicker, stickier damp which is basically just dead body fluid (dead = not moving as in dead water).

Damp (and phlegm) is something which is typically removed by the Spleen (pancreas) which acts to digest foods and resolve dampness. When the Spleen Qi is deficient, this function is impaired and this leads to the formation of dampness which has a tendency to become stored in the Lung because the Lung is next in the Five Phase cycle where the Spleen = Earth and the Lung = Metal (note the Large Intestine is also Metal and this is why diarrhea is also a symptom of damp). This results in sputum and expectoration of phlegm and sputum - herbs like fresh ginger and cayenne pepper are Pungent and pungent herbs act on the lung to dissipate the lung Qi. Damp and fluids follow qi so when lung qi is dissipated, so too is the dampness (sweating), diarrhea (in the case of cayenne pepper's effects on the Large Intestine. Lemon aids in replenishing the fluids as it is of the sour taste (Liver which stores blood) and also promotes free flow of qi of the liver to enable better digestion. This however is the pathology of INTERNAL dampness.

EXTERNAL dampness, which is the pathology described by you Ko occurs when environmental pathogens (like heat, cold, wind, damp and dryness) exceed the bodily limits - these vary from person to person based on their current health status. So either you were exposed to an environment which was windy and damp OR just windy and you already had internal dampness which has been exacerbated by the fullness of the wind attack. Wind is the chief external pathogen which brings with it the other pathogens described above. Either way, the dampness or fluid fails to move due to Qi stagnation occurring as the pathogen blocks the bodies flow and the symptoms arise.

Interestingly, the Lung is the governor of Qi and circulation of Qi which is important to move body fluids (think of breathing and the downward pressure exerted by the descending diaphragm on the abdominal pressure causing lymph to move - this is termed the 'respiration pump' by medical science) efficiently. Thus, lymphatic congestion (water, fluids) and the accumulation of dampness are not too far removed from each other, although the description is different and technically the lung Qi also depends on the Spleen Qi which also depends on the Kidney Yang Fire which steams upwards from the pre-natal Essence - this is the stuff which we want to increase and tonify for general health and immortality too come to think of it. Think Magnum Opus preliminary Step 3.

Sorry if that all seems too much to take in, I might have gotten a bit carried away. 

Its all good, CentralForce. I expect no less from you ;)
Great way to break it down.

And I notice that when I perform any kind of energy movement exercises such as Qigong, they get better. 

Haha you really know your stuff XD and some did go over my head. Nevertheless I really  appreciate the extra detail and your time. Also your assessment was completely right because I meditate outside most of the time Thanks for you time:)

Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 27, 2015, at 3:20 AM, ivyissexy69@... [SSHealth] <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] wrote:
  The manner in which I might explain it is not so far removed from yours HP Shannon, albeit slightly more detailed.

Fluid circulation in the body is determined by the free flow of qi (energy) and qi stagnation (congestion) can lead to fluid build up or accumulation or "damp". This can turn into phlegm which is basically thicker, stickier damp which is basically just dead body fluid (dead = not moving as in dead water).

Damp (and phlegm) is something which is typically removed by the Spleen (pancreas) which acts to digest foods and resolve dampness. When the Spleen Qi is deficient, this function is impaired and this leads to the formation of dampness which has a tendency to become stored in the Lung because the Lung is next in the Five Phase cycle where the Spleen = Earth and the Lung = Metal (note the Large Intestine is also Metal and this is why diarrhea is also a symptom of damp). This results in sputum and expectoration of phlegm and sputum - herbs like fresh ginger and cayenne pepper are Pungent and pungent herbs act on the lung to dissipate the lung Qi. Damp and fluids follow qi so when lung qi is dissipated, so too is the dampness (sweating), diarrhea (in the case of cayenne pepper's effects on the Large Intestine. Lemon aids in replenishing the fluids as it is of the sour taste (Liver which stores blood) and also promotes free flow of qi of the liver to enable better digestion. This however is the pathology of INTERNAL dampness.

EXTERNAL dampness, which is the pathology described by you Ko occurs when environmental pathogens (like heat, cold, wind, damp and dryness) exceed the bodily limits - these vary from person to person based on their current health status. So either you were exposed to an environment which was windy and damp OR just windy and you already had internal dampness which has been exacerbated by the fullness of the wind attack. Wind is the chief external pathogen which brings with it the other pathogens described above. Either way, the dampness or fluid fails to move due to Qi stagnation occurring as the pathogen blocks the bodies flow and the symptoms arise.

Interestingly, the Lung is the governor of Qi and circulation of Qi which is important to move body fluids (think of breathing and the downward pressure exerted by the descending diaphragm on the abdominal pressure causing lymph to move - this is termed the 'respiration pump' by medical science) efficiently. Thus, lymphatic congestion (water, fluids) and the accumulation of dampness are not too far removed from each other, although the description is different and technically the lung Qi also depends on the Spleen Qi which also depends on the Kidney Yang Fire which steams upwards from the pre-natal Essence - this is the stuff which we want to increase and tonify for general health and immortality too come to think of it. Think Magnum Opus preliminary Step 3.

Sorry if that all seems too much to take in, I might have gotten a bit carried away. 

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back