Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Signs & Elements

Draco Majinn

This is a complex subject that is starting to not make much sense to me, a lot of signs seem to have traits which are completely not related to their elements or planets.

For instance Scorpio is the most sexual of the signs but Sexuality is ruled by the fire element. Also it's supposed to give a strong will and that too has no relevance to the water element.

Saturn which rules Capricorn, rules poverty yet people who are very Capricorn are usually gifted at building wealth and being successful.

Jupiter/Sagittarius is of the fire element yet it rules education which is supposed to be of the air element.

Am I the only one that is puzzled by this? Please could someone who understands this better explain.
The only explanation I can think of is that the signs are not simply made up of one element only.
Pisces has been described as the "wateriest of the water signs" is that to say Cancer and Scorpio are composed less of the water element and contain other elements somehow?

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

Don't take this too down to the core. Each SIGN has their own traits and energies that make them fire or water etc. With Scorpio you are looking at just those traits and not the whole sign as a whole. Remember that's Mars traditionally ruled scorpio so there is some influence in there also remember that pluto rules Scorpio. Look at the plutonian traits. Scorpio is water but look to mars and pluto and you will see why it has some 'firey' traits.Saturn isn't just poverty. Read up on Saturn more. Capricorn has the negative and positive traits of Saturn manifested within the sign.Capricorn are usually business-y and very ambitious and hardworking and successful because of what Saturn brings to the table.Saggitarius is a fire sign on its own. Look at its traits but Jupiter has to do with higher education and it rules Sagg which is a fire sign.It all has to do with the polarities and planetary energies. Pisces is the "wateriest of the water signs" because if
you read up on water and the planet Neptune you will see why. This all ties in to reading astrology very carefully and paying attention to the signs seperately and the planets seperately and then putting them all together. It can be a bit complex. So what you need to do is carefully read up more on the planets and signs. Go to JoS website by the astrology index and read up about the planets and the signs.

------------------------------
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 2:16 PM EDT Draco Majinn wrote:

This is a complex subject that is starting to not make much sense to me, a lot of signs seem to have traits which are completely not related to their elements or planets.

For instance Scorpio is the most sexual of the signs but Sexuality is ruled by the fire element. Also it's supposed to give a strong will and that too has no relevance to the water element.

Saturn which rules Capricorn, rules poverty yet people who are very Capricorn are usually gifted at building wealth and being successful.

Jupiter/Sagittarius is of the fire element yet it rules education which is supposed to be of the air element.

Am I the only one that is puzzled by this? Please could someone who understands this better explain.
The only explanation I can think of is that the signs are not simply made up of one element only.
Pisces has been described as the "wateriest of the water signs" is that to say Cancer and Scorpio are composed less of the water element and contain other elements somehow?

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

There are many layers of information when planets, signs and houses are given traits. Also, remember there's always negative and positive traits. There are traits shared among the signs, but they're all expressed differently.

Complementary (opposite) signs rule over similar affairs. This is true to all signs.

Gemini/Mercury rules travel, elementary education, ideas, the mind. Jupiter/Sagittarius rules journeys (long travels), higher education, philosophy and the higher mind.

This doesn't explain all the discrepancies, though, but you need to remember that the signs/planets/elements/polarities are all connected and in balance. This is expressed in the signs themes and symbology.

Using your own example, I'll try to analyse the contrasts: Scorpio is said to be very sexual, just like a fire sign (Aries, particularly) and has a very strong will. But Scorpio's a fixed, feminine water sign whereas Aries is a cardinal, masculine fire sign.

Aries/Mars is the creative principle, the sparkle of life; Scorpio/Pluto is the ultimate transformation, death and resurrection. What comes into existence through Aries, dies and transforms itself through Scorpio. Scorpio represents the process of the Phoenix, which is consumed by Fire and then reborn. A Fire that is deep, spiritual and destructive — all water/feminine traits.

Ever heard about the "petite mort"? The orgasm is in itself a Plutonian experience.

It's good to mention that Pluto is Mars' "higher octave". It's a stronger, deeper, more focused Mars, like a "Supermars". Uranus and Neptune are the higher octaves of Mercury and Venus, respectively.

Mars and Pluto have very similar natures, and Mars is Scorpio's ancient ruler. They represent will, power and sexuality but Mars does it outwardly/positively/masculinely while Pluto does it inwardly/negatively/femininely.

This is all to say that Scorpio is, indeed, a "fiery water sign" and Pisces can be, then, "the wateriest of the water signs" given its traits and themes. Figuratively speaking, of course, but true nevertheless.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Draco Majinn" <xxrygelxx@... wrote:

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

Scorpio is a water sign but ruled by Mars and Pluto, and Mars rules the second chakra, so it's firey water sign, or has a lot of martian energy.
Also I've read Saturn causes misfortunes but is prominent in successful people, I guess it's how you use let the energy manifest assuming you can. Like Capricorn qualities will help you to use that Saturn energy to work hard and build something. Capricorn people seem to be prepared for misfortune and see the more negative side of life and the worst in people, causing a pessimistic outlook. If you ever saw There Will Be Blood, the main character seems like a Capricorn with some Pluto qualities and was an awesome movie:]

I would try to understand the planets energy and combine that with whatever element. It's also interesting how the inner planets all rule/co-rule 2 signs like each planet has a polarity. Mercury Gemini/Virgo, Mars Aries/Scorpio, Venus Taurus/Libra, Jupiter Pisces/Saggitarius, Saturn Capricorn/Aquarius.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Draco Majinn" <xxrygelxx@... wrote:

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

I think I understand it now. Thank you for clearing that up for me brothers and sisters. And Shannon you have replied to a lot of my posts and have helped me out with a lot so special thanks to you.

Hail Satan!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Shannon Outlaw <soutlaw92@... wrote:

Don't take this too down to the core. Each SIGN has their own traits and energies that make them fire or water etc. With Scorpio you are looking at just those traits and not the whole sign as a whole. Remember that's Mars traditionally ruled scorpio so there is some influence in there also remember that pluto rules Scorpio. Look at the plutonian traits. Scorpio is water but look to mars and pluto and you will see why it has some 'firey' traits.Saturn isn't just poverty. Read up on Saturn more. Capricorn has the negative and positive traits of Saturn manifested within the sign.Capricorn are usually business-y and very ambitious and hardworking and successful because of what Saturn brings to the table.Saggitarius is a fire sign on its own. Look at its traits but Jupiter has to do with higher education and it rules Sagg which is a fire sign.It all has to do with the polarities and planetary energies. Pisces is the "wateriest of the water signs" because if
you read up on water and the planet Neptune you will see why. This all ties in to reading astrology very carefully and paying attention to the signs seperately and the planets seperately and then putting them all together. It can be a bit complex. So what you need to do is carefully read up more on the planets and signs. Go to JoS website by the astrology index and read up about the planets and the signs.

------------------------------
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 2:16 PM EDT Draco Majinn wrote:

Thanks.

Hail Satan!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back