Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Rolling Rs Meditation & Magick

jordevo74

I was never naturally able to roll my Rs just as I could not snap or whistle, but as time goes on practice does make perfect.  When I was very young before even coming to Spiritual Satanism I wanted to enhance my dialect for properly pronouncing Germanic and Latin phrases so I would constantly try to imitate rolled Rs with well placed Ls instead.  The Ls are arbitrary to the point yet they give an Idea for focus and timing.  What I did to get used to rolling the Rs was flicking my tongue using sounds starting with TH as in Thorough or Thanks then stopping the tongue to a flick suddenly with a T such as Tank or Touch.  The hard TH sound creates a resistance of movement for the tongue while suddenly releasing it and flicking it off a hard T initiates the first R.After getting the hang of flicking the tongue with this sound combination you can attempt pushing the roll further and further until you can hold the roll from the initial flick of the tongue for a few seconds.  After a short while of practicing with the TH-T tongue flick you should try to Roll your tongue initiating with a soft D between a TH and T sound where the teeth and gums meet.  After this you should have the necessary coordination to initiate your roll with an R.  Remember that you need to allow the tongue to roll don't flex it like a muscle its sort of like yoga where you let the tongue roll by its own initial force.  At first you will sound humorous pronouncing floppy fragments of a roll but within a short period I can guarantee this will help.   
HAIL FATHER SATAN & THE MIGHTY PANTHEON OF ORION!!!!    

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back