Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question about the story of Damon and Pythias, Regarding Friendship to Coworkers.

Bravera

So, many times i find myself with new coworkers. Often, they want to be my friend, and tbh, I don't have time for friends. I want to be alone with my thoughts, focused on being a greater Man, focusing on my own understanding of myself, and my relation to the world around me.

I read this tale about Pythias and Damon. Yes in the end it says they don't accept the king into their friendship. And I too feel the same, that I cannot accept friends into my life, because in the depths of the Truths I have found in the God's. Other men cannot follow.

But, I cannot be such an asshole..
And In learning to be a greater Human. Perhaps I should be a greater friend to those who "disrupt my mental peace"?

So, many times i find myself with new coworkers. Often, they want to be my friend, and tbh, I don't have time for friends. I want to be alone with my thoughts, focused on being a greater Man, focusing on my own understanding of myself, and my relation to the world around me.

I read this tale about Pythias and Damon. Yes in the end it says they don't accept the king into their friendship. And I too feel the same, that I cannot accept friends into my life, because in the depths of the Truths I have found in the God's. Other men cannot follow.

But, I cannot be such an asshole..
And In learning to be a greater Human. Perhaps I should be a greater friend to those who "disrupt my mental peace"?
No one is forcing you to be friend with someone else, this person probably don't even know what friendship really is. Be a better human is not about be stupidily kind with everyone, or kind without any reason.

And you can't feel like Damon and Pythias if you have no friends.

And how do you plan to understand yourself more and your relation to the world if you are not willing to understand and relate with others?

What makes you think that you cannot do both at once, or that they are mutually exclusive?

And how do you plan to understand yourself more and your relation to the world if you are not willing to understand and relate with others?

What makes you think that you cannot do both at once, or that they are mutually exclusive?

It reminds me of the SIMS, when you have two characters with separate personalities. One gets annoyed and bored from the conversation.

The person I'm thinking of foremost, he is a father. Maybe that's my problem. I've never had a father. And I recently realized I'm annoyed that he is always helping me. In truth I don't want help.

Maybe it's a problem with men, some other coworkers who complain or are slackers, I also am highly uninterested in being their acquaintances.

I tend to view them the same way I view Christians :( a waste of my energy. I don't care if they dislike me, because I don't want to hear them complaining anyways 😆

Maybe I'm too aggressive.. or I put up walls too quickly.

Having regular friends which are people you are know and are friendly with, are not like the true absolute friendship described as an ideal in the Ethics. If you want to be mostly a loner that's your choice. Pythias and Damon were both Pythagoreans they were not just random people, with random people still one can be very good friends but they cannot always understand "you".

I would say it's important to have some friends about. You can be helped a lot trough acquaintanceship.

Being alone (not a choice made by a healthy consciousness, but a reluctant solitude) or not having people you can really call friends is a negative thing. Normalizing it makes you a victim in your own mind. One of the main goals of Satanism is not to swallow these situations and live on, but to rise above them and develop, grow and break the victim mentality.

I have some very dear Satanist friends and before I had them, I didn't know what kind of an aspect of life I was lacking. I also really suffered to have them, to have such a bond with those people. Our friendship and bond was severely tested but we managed to stay together.

So, focus on real solutions instead of making excuses for what is clearly wrong in your life.

Friendship, like everything in life, has many layers, a hierarchy.

While what Pythias and Damon have is the definition of friendship, there other forms of social contract that belong to the hierarchy of friendship.

You can call someone like Pythias and Damon a "friend" and put it at the top of the pyramid, but then you also have things like acquaintances, sparring partners, fitness buddies, sports buddies, coworkers, comrades, etc.

Most people will always start at the bottom of the hierarchy which is acquaintances. How close or psychologically intimate you are will determine what layer you sit at.

Obviously, being friendly with someone and being friends is not the same thing. Most people nowadays confuse the two notions, especially extroverts and outgoing people in general, and it's all part of harmful social engineering from the enemy.

If you ask of something like Pythias and Damon, they will be telling you you're looking for best friends, not a friend, when in truth they lack 3 things in their underdeveloped soul: depth, height and breadth. So don't listen to them.

By definition, you cannot also have multiple best of the same kind of things as best means number 1. Singular, not plural.

When talking to underdeveloped and uneducated people like that, you don't need to be nit-picky and stubborn about the meaning of words, as they cannot understand it. Just connect with them at their lower level, compromise, as that's what will enable beneficial connections.

Human beings are social creatures, so balancing the need for alone time with the need for social time is necessary. What 'balance' means in context is relative to your soul, but no soul needs 0 friends and social life, and no soul needs 0 alone time.

If you say the prayer and keep meditating on friendship and social contracts, you will understand the necessity of offline free friendship, rather than just relationship with the Gods.

A mantra that can help attract the most suitable friend is: Aum Klim Mitraya Nama/Svaha. From Mitra (Lord Azazel/Apollo) who's the God of friendship and social contracts in ancient Vedic though.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back