Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #5285: Shame for my own name

AskSatanOperator

my mother is christian, so at birth she gave me the name "Gabriele".
having the same name of an angel makes me conflicted
What i know "Gabrael" means "bearer of the divine message"
could this maybe make me feel less hatred about my own name?
let me know what you folks think
Hail Satan

If you feel uncomfortable, you can change it in the future. And if you ask my opinion, there may be some inconveniences because you are taking the name of YHWH's "helper angels"

my mother is christian, so at birth she gave me the name "Gabriele".
having the same name of an angel makes me conflicted
What i know "Gabrael" means "bearer of the divine message"
could this maybe make me feel less hatred about my own name?
let me know what you folks think
Hail Satan
Many Satanists have had this thought before, friends of mine included. My name is of Roman origin, so I never had this thought, but I've seen how it can stress some people. So hopefully I can give you some useful advice.
Names are products of society that don't have a bearing on you. Yes, your name originates from hebrew as far as I know. So do most names in Europe, statistically, as they are of biblical inspiration.
But words have meaning because we give them meaning. If your parents had named you "Billionaire Johnson", you wouldn't suddenly be one.
You didn't choose this name. You didn't have this name for most of your soul's lifespan. You might not keep this name forever.
If it bothers you to a high degree, change it. If not, just learn to live with it, disconnect from its old meaning, and give it new meaning.

Hail Satan!

Don't worry too much about it. The gods will not be angry with you for such things. And remember, the enemy has stolen almost everything he has from us Gentiles.

Let me give you an example:

The name John is usually named after John the Apostle. But look at this: The name John is written in Latin as Ioannes, and if you take the I out of that word, you get Oannes. If a person whose name is John is uncomfortable using his name during the Rituals, he can use the name Oannes.

The name Oannes is mentioned in some sources as a name given to Lord Dagon and in others as an allegory for Satan. I don't know which is the correct one as I have done a short research on this subject, I would be very happy if someone could enlighten me.

If I were in your situation. During rituals I would use a name that only the Gods and I would know, and in everyday life I would use the name my family gave me.

i feel lucky, cuz my real name is over satanic its like Satan gave that to me

i feel lucky, cuz my real name is over satanic its like Satan gave that to me
My name is of Roman origin and my girlfriend (whom I have literally zero doubt is my partner for life) has Latin traits. Obviously it's not wrong to have an Abrahamic originated name. But I'd be lying if I said this doesn't feel nice.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back