Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #5125: Sun/Moon Conjunction

AskSatanOperator

The JoS Astrology calculator say's there is no conjunction here on my natal chart, however, the Astrodienist one say's there is.

I searched on Google, and it say's a conjunction is traditionally 0-8° orb. However, it also say's that an exception is made in the case of Sun/Moon aspects, wherein it becomes 0-10° orb.

I don't know which to trust, and I am wondering if the JoS Astrology calculator would really make a mistake here?

My Sun is at 16° and my Moon is at 25° (in the same sign).

Yes they are in conjunction.

I think 10 is a pretty wide angle, but if you feel that descriptions of a conjunction at this angle are accurate to the person you're reading then go with it.

Thanks for mentioning this. It is 10 for luminaries, I will contact HiddenWarrior to adjust this in the JoS astro site.
My Ascendent is at 8 degrees Libra, and so there's a conjunction between the Asc and The Sun at 16 degrees Libra, but again it doesn't show up on the JoS calculator.

There's a lot of missing aspects and possibly other issues with the website's aspect calculations.

My Ascendent is at 8 degrees Libra, and so there's a conjunction between the Asc and The Sun at 16 degrees Libra, but again it doesn't show up on the JoS calculator.

There's a lot of missing aspects and possibly other issues with the website's aspect calculations.
Thank you, I'm letting HiddenWarrior know of this.

Bear in mind that we only have one person working on JoS Astro, and it is unpaid volunteer work. Whereas all other astrology sites have a full team of paid employees. So a few things have been overlooked, but in time, it will be perfected :)

Since your answers are anonymous you can share your date and location, and I'll verify this aspect. I made some tests where the aspect between Sun and AC is within 8 degrees, and it is shown correctly.
At least share the exact position of Sun and AC down to the second, because maybe the degree is the same but the minutes and the seconds may differ and the distance is greater than 8.

Since your answers are anonymous you can share your date and location, and I'll verify this aspect. I made some tests where the aspect between Sun and AC is within 8 degrees, and it is shown correctly.
At least share the exact position of Sun and AC down to the second, because maybe the degree is the same but the minutes and the seconds may differ and the distance is greater than 8.

Sun: Libra, 16 degrees, 28' 19"
Asc: Libra, 8 degrees, 17' 31"

I guess that's why... so this doesn't count as a conjunction? Because it show's up on the Astrodienist site, but it only show's up here when I move forward by 2mins, and it becomes:

Sun: Libra, 16 degrees, 28' 24"
Asc: Libra, 8 degrees, 38' 43"

I don't think we're supposed to post date/time even if it's anonymous, but if this isn't enough info let me know.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back