Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #5021: Portuguese

AskSatanOperator

Why does the Portuguese site have the Portuguese flag when almost every site is in Brazilian Portuguese? I think the ideal would at least be to place the flags half and half

Why does it bother you so much?

Why does it bother you so much?
It really bothers me, I can't sleep or live thinking about it anymore, my life isn't the same...

Now seriously lol, it just doesn't make sense, we shouldn't leave things half-finished, either it's right or it's wrong, if you can fix it, do it

It really bothers me, I can't sleep or live thinking about it anymore, my life isn't the same...

Now seriously lol, it just doesn't make sense, we shouldn't leave things half-finished, either it's right or it's wrong, if you can fix it, do it
Why not contact one of the [JG] about an  issue you're facing, rather than using Ask-Satan services where people ask  questions about topics they're too embarrassed to talk about or it's dangerous for them, which you are neither.

Why is that a problem? If both Brazilian and Portuguese understand the same language why create separate groups? Plus I think one should respect the birthplace of the language you speak
it's not a question of creating two different groups, it's a question of doing things completely, let's not be lazy and leave things half-finished

And yes, Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese from Portugal are different, there are countless words that in Brazilian Portuguese mean one thing and in Portuguese from Portugal another, for example the word "rapariga" in Brazil this is a swear word, in Portugal this is the same as "moça or young woman", Brazilian Portuguese is the most spoken and is what 90% of Portuguese courses teach

I didn't say it's a problem or that it's something that bothers me, beware of the herd effect, this flag issue is just a detail that needs to be fixed so that it's harmonious

Why is that a problem? If both Brazilian and Portuguese understand the same language why create separate groups? Plus I think one should respect the birthplace of the language you speak
Oh and I'm sorry I hadn't seen you comment on this language cradle nonsense to tell you the truth I can't believe I read that, I shouldn't respect the past that was controlled by Jews, history of slavery, murder of native peoples, destruction of indigenous culture, so no, I shouldn't respect when it comes to the foreign language that Brazil has, before commenting on this do the minimum which is to study the history of Brazil, including "freedom" was bought, a gigantic debt that Brazil had to achieve independence
The mother tongue of Brazil is Tupi, unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to learn it yet, and even if I did, as far as I know there is no Tupi website or languages of native peoples.

In addition, the Jews who controlled Portugal brought the disgrace of Christianity to Brazil, which made Brazil one of the countries with the highest number of Catholics in the world, I really must thank that, gratitudeoooo all the bestmm🫶🫶

Why not contact one of the [JG] about an  issue you're facing, rather than using Ask-Satan services where people ask  questions about topics they're too embarrassed to talk about or it's dangerous for them, which you are neither.
I don't have a forum account, I disappeared with mine a long time ago to preserve my faith in the Gods and not be disappointed.
I think you're talking about Blitzkreig, right? I'll try to talk to him, do you have his email? Or something
Thanks and sorry if I was ignorant, I didn't mean to be

Oh and I'm sorry I hadn't seen you comment on this language cradle nonsense to tell you the truth I can't believe I read that, I shouldn't respect the past that was controlled by Jews, history of slavery, murder of native peoples, destruction of indigenous culture, so no, I shouldn't respect when it comes to the foreign language that Brazil has, before commenting on this do the minimum which is to study the history of Brazil, including "freedom" was bought, a gigantic debt that Brazil had to achieve independence
The mother tongue of Brazil is Tupi, unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to learn it yet, and even if I did, as far as I know there is no Tupi website or languages of native peoples.

In addition, the Jews who controlled Portugal brought the disgrace of Christianity to Brazil, which made Brazil one of the countries with the highest number of Catholics in the world, I really must thank that, gratitudeoooo all the bestmm🫶🫶
I didn't mean respect the jew legacy of slavery or the spread of the Christian disease v of course, I meant, it's a language that started in Portugal regardless of the jewish influence on the country, you don't see Americans arguing with British members about witch flag to use despite probably existing more Americans than British on these forums, I think the important thing is that we can understand each other, I am well aware that Portugal played a key role in the spread of Christianity and I'm not proud of that nor am I suggesting that someone should be proud of that, Christianity is a disease, I meant no offense to you I just dislike the influence Brazil is having over Portugal and the mass immigration that has been happening for years, I don't hate Brazilians I'm sorry if there was a miss understanding, perhaps you could explore the tupi language in the future

I don't have a forum account, I disappeared with mine a long time ago to preserve my faith in the Gods and not be disappointed.
I think you're talking about Blitzkreig, right? I'll try to talk to him, do you have his email? Or something
Thanks and sorry if I was ignorant, I didn't mean to be
JG Blitzkreig has his email visible to people.

It's okay.

I agree with you

Why does the Portuguese site have the Portuguese flag when almost every site is in Brazilian Portuguese? I think the ideal would at least be to place the flags half and half
I also agree

Because the language is called Portuguese and the site admins are English speakers so it seemed more logical, not being aware of this dialect nonsense?
And it doesn't really matter since these are not two different languages?

As someone who translates JoS material for over a decade I can say these differences are bullshit uttered by people who never contribute when I ask them to help with material that still doesn't exist or even correct the grammar in the site, they just vanish into thin air.

But they are very opinionated about dialects or flags, and feel offended when I point they should help with substantial work that would make a difference for Lusophones - ie, people who can perfectly read and understand the Portuguese language.

Also funny enough I also had Brazilians say the inverse about the site and wanting to make their own "Brazilian translation" of the site which was apparently too European for them.

But the people that actually helped me with a substantial amount either from Europe or America never complain about this dialect or stylistic bullshit because "Portuguese history has jews in it" or some irrelevant reason to use this or that label.

In addition, the Jews who controlled Portugal brought the disgrace of Christianity to Brazil,

Are you even a Native of Brazil?

"Tupi" isn't a "mother tongue of Brazil", it's one family out of several many different languages that are hardly similar to each other, but if you talk about Tupi Guarani it was a Lingua Franca used by catholic priests to subvert and spread christanity among the Natives, which was forbidden by Marquis de Pombal who hated the Jesuits. Won't get into the merits of this person, just pointing out this history bit.

So this talk about "Brazilian language" seems most of the time, leftist propaganda in Brazilian schools to dumb down language (low grades in Portuguese grammar classes, fomented with more disdain to the language), to foment sectionalism and hatred towards Europeans, and Jesuit propaganda since back them claiming that they were the authority in education and evil Portugal forbade them from "educating" (brainrotting) students.

People who talk about this Tupi thing and know nothing about it but assume it is "better than Portuguese" are most of the time not Natives of Brazil but Portuguese immigrants, and sometimes Africans or mixed people who hardly look like "Brazilian Tupi-Guarani people".

But by all means if one is of the Asiatic race of Brazil and speak these native languages that are understood by South Americans who can't read Portuguese or Spanish, do start to work and make your own translations, no one is holding anyone back.

Because the language is called Portuguese and the site admins are English speakers so it seemed more logical, not being aware of this dialect nonsense?
And it doesn't really matter since these are not two different languages?

As someone who translates JoS material for over a decade I can say these differences are bullshit uttered by people who never contribute when I ask them to help with material that still doesn't exist or even correct the grammar in the site, they just vanish into thin air.

But they are very opinionated about dialects or flags, and feel offended when I point they should help with substantial work that would make a difference for Lusophones - ie, people who can perfectly read and understand the Portuguese language.

Also funny enough I also had Brazilians say the inverse about the site and wanting to make their own "Brazilian translation" of the site which was apparently too European for them.

But the people that actually helped me with a substantial amount either from Europe or America never complain about this dialect or stylistic bullshit because "Portuguese history has jews in it" or some irrelevant reason to use this or that label.

Are you even a Native of Brazil?

"Tupi" isn't a "mother tongue of Brazil", it's one family out of several many different languages that are hardly similar to each other, but if you talk about Tupi Guarani it was a Lingua Franca used by catholic priests to subvert and spread christanity among the Natives, which was forbidden by Marquis de Pombal who hated the Jesuits. Won't get into the merits of this person, just pointing out this history bit.

So this talk about "Brazilian language" seems most of the time, leftist propaganda in Brazilian schools to dumb down language (low grades in Portuguese grammar classes, fomented with more disdain to the language), to foment sectionalism and hatred towards Europeans, and Jesuit propaganda since back them claiming that they were the authority in education and evil Portugal forbade them from "educating" (brainrotting) students.

People who talk about this Tupi thing and know nothing about it but assume it is "better than Portuguese" are most of the time not Natives of Brazil but Portuguese immigrants, and sometimes Africans or mixed people who hardly look like "Brazilian Tupi-Guarani people".

But by all means if one is of the Asiatic race of Brazil and speak these native languages that are understood by South Americans who can't read Portuguese or Spanish, do start to work and make your own translations, no one is holding anyone back.
Egon, I have a lot of respect for the work you've done with the Portuguese site, which has been a great job and so far I haven't seen any mistakes apart from the Portuguese flag

But weren't you Brazilian? As you said yourself, Tupi is a linguistic family, there are more than 150 indigenous languages spoken in Brazil, there's no way I can name them all, among these "Tupi" is the most widely spoken, so much so that Tupi Guarani is taught in Bolivian colleges and in other Latin American colleges, there is a difference between modern Tupi and ancient Tupi

>I've never seen you ask for help with grammar or anything like that, not least because I've only been aware of the forum for 2 years and haven't used it much, but if you did I'd help.

But I've also never seen a Brazilian say that the site isn't in Brazilian Portuguese, because it's extremely obvious that it's Brazilian, it doesn't have Portuguese writing from Portugal

I didn't say that Tupi was better than Portuguese, I don't know where you got that from, not least because Tupi is an extremely vast and broad language.

The truth is that Brazil already has a long history of the syndrome vira lata, which is to applaud everything from abroad and deny one's own culture, to go against this, nothing would be fairer than placing the flags half and half, this wouldn't just be a question of the flag, it would be historical allegory, demonstrating that there was no war between the Brazilian Satanists and the Portuguese, apart from that, as you said yourself, the Europeans helped with the translation and Brazilians too

People are very sensitive, they all think it's hatred of Europe, whereas Brazil as a country has helped Portugal countless times without any grudges from the past, and only after almost 500 years has Portugal recognized the crimes it committed in the colonial period

I apologize if I seemed rude or hostile to the fellow Brazilians here, I only wish to preserve my nation s identity that is being eroded because of mass immigration, but that doesn't mean I hate Brazilian people I have had Brazilian friends and we are working together to achieve the same goal

I apologize if I seemed rude or hostile to the fellow Brazilians here, I only wish to preserve my nation s identity that is being eroded because of mass immigration, but that doesn't mean I hate Brazilian people I have had Brazilian friends and we are working together to achieve the same goal
I'm Brazilian and I'm proud of my country. Unfortunately, many Brazilians are immigrating to another country to try to have a decent life because in many states survival is terrible.
I spent three months in Portugal and was very well received, just as any other nationality is well received here in Brazil.
I met many Brazilians in Portugal and at no time did I see them trying to destroy Portuguese culture, nor did I see a single Portuguese person accuse a Brazilian of trying to do so. We're not like the Muslims who are taking over England and other countries and destroying them. I think we're the ones who are most welcoming of the culture of any country we go to. I don't have any Portuguese friends but my younger brother is from there and his family have always been very affectionate towards me, they've been very kind and funny people, there are bad people in any universe, as well as good people.
I think we should work together and not fight.
I'm part of the Portuguese translations and I've never tried to exclude European Portuguese or put Portuguese above it, as I've spoken Brazilian Portuguese since birth so it's automatic for me to translate into it. We speak the same language and only change a few words, there's no need to fight.
Everyone understands well. On the subject of the flag, I also wondered why it wasn't there at the beginning, but it never affected me at all on my journey. It would be nice to include the flag, but I think we have better things to worry about.

I'm Brazilian and I'm proud of my country. Unfortunately, many Brazilians are immigrating to another country to try to have a decent life because in many states survival is terrible.
I spent three months in Portugal and was very well received, just as any other nationality is well received here in Brazil.
I met many Brazilians in Portugal and at no time did I see them trying to destroy Portuguese culture, nor did I see a single Portuguese person accuse a Brazilian of trying to do so. We're not like the Muslims who are taking over England and other countries and destroying them. I think we're the ones who are most welcoming of the culture of any country we go to. I don't have any Portuguese friends but my younger brother is from there and his family have always been very affectionate towards me, they've been very kind and funny people, there are bad people in any universe, as well as good people.
I think we should work together and not fight.
I'm part of the Portuguese translations and I've never tried to exclude European Portuguese or put Portuguese above it, as I've spoken Brazilian Portuguese since birth so it's automatic for me to translate into it. We speak the same language and only change a few words, there's no need to fight.
Everyone understands well. On the subject of the flag, I also wondered why it wasn't there at the beginning, but it never affected me at all on my journey. It would be nice to include the flag, but I think we have better things to worry about.
Yees, one of the beautiful things about the Brazilian people is that they don't try to erase or mold other people's culture, on the contrary, we always like to learn new customs and we respect them a lot, I'm very proud of Brazil and I really hope that one day it will become a first world country

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back