Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #4396: Forbidden words?

AskSatanOperator

It might be trivial but I want to know, can saying certain words and making certain signs offend our Gods?

I have a few:

Hell-in-a-handbasket, hellish, hellscape.

Heavenly, -heavens.

Referencing the Exorcist as an analogy for humour (vomit, contortions, appearance and so on).

Making an equilateral cross with index fingers, indicating to keep someone/something away.

'Oh lord' or 'OMG'.

'I pray that...'

'Bless you' when someone sneezes, or otherwise (eg. blessed be-, bless your heart).

'That's blasphemy!' (used colloquially, not literally).

'Kosher' (idiom - I only use it sarcastically regarding things I don't like... censorship, being a good goyim, etc).

Since conception up until now I've only ever been around xians and thus I can sometimes sound a bit like Ned Flanders from the Simpsons. Can a Satanist still use the above words without them being offensive? Should they be avoided? Or can they be used with a Satanic perspective while helping to not stand out?

Is there a reason why you should continue to use these mundane, vulgar, expressions?

Most of these don't originate in abrahamic religion, they were simply co opted. Heaven & hell are ancient concepts.

Things like words or expressions that exist basically only as ties to christianity are not banned or unallowed. But you will naturally grow away from these and stop thinking of these things as you advance and heal, and as your ties to christianity are fully removed and replaced with ties to the gods. Things like yelling "jesus" like some people do, all things like that will start to feel disgusting to you and you will naturally stop saying them.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back