Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #4084: Mythology

AskSatanOperator

Why mythology is not %100 make sense? Does it make sense to call everything an allegory? Can't it be written as fact?

The meaning behind some things can be better understood by representing them in allegory.

I also think it has to do with spiritual progress, the more you develop, the more you understand these allegories and what they represent.

Mythology can be allegorical or actual in the physical sense, and it can also be both at the same time. It really depends on the myth.

Allegories and symbols speak to the unconscious. There can be many layers of meaning woven into them, because of the fact that they're not literal. This can also be a form of cryptography that keeps information hidden from those who should not have it or who are not ready. When you truly open your eyes, you will see things hidden in plain sight.

I've found the deepest meanings to be those that are sensed, those that stir the waters within. You don't get this if you process everything literally like a robot.

Keep in mind also that allegorical stories can lose their meaning if the translator himself is lacking in skill or knowledge, not to mention if he is lacking understanding or awareness of the spiritual nature of these allegories. Some things also cannot be translated 1:1 because there may be no equivalent words in the language it is translated to.

Because this isn't for everyone. While some good things are presented to the world, some things can be done about their privacy. Those who want to see will see

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back