Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #3557: Azazel in Nordic Myth

I believe Baldr. I'm not sure, but shining so brightly as the Sun and being so attractive are very common characteristics for him as with the names Utu, Azazel, Apollo. In all of his names, he has often been called as the brightest god shining like the Sun.

But in things like Nordic or Indian history, names that were used did not always correlate perfectly as one name per god. Often a name was representative of a type of energy or spiritual concept. And several different gods could work in ways related to this energy or this working that the name is referring to. And also one god could be referred to by many different names as each name relates to a different concept, and the same god works with all of these areas.

Lord Azazel has different names in Nordic mythology. One of these is Freyr, the twin brother of Freya (Lady Astarte), known also as Ing or Yngvi-Freyr.

Baldr is also recognizable as Azazel, as Ol argedco luciftias said.

The name "Freyr" came up when I asked. Never any name from the Aesir side. As far as I know, Baldr is an enemy creation by the xtard monk Snorri. Anything in the Prose Edda should be taken with a grain of salt: doubt first, trust only after extensive evidence from other resources, including the Gods and JoS Priesthood.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back