Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #2940: the circle of Cagliostro

AskSatanOperator

Ave Satanas ! It's me again, Anuman, such a question about the circle of Cagliostro is anything known about him? Allegedly it was dictated by the spirit of Leonardo Da Vinci to Count Cagliostro

Why are you putting more work onto the people running the anonymous service and making them post this for you if you do not need it to be anonymous? Especially if you have an account and you are even telling us the name of your account. You could have just posted this yourself.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Why are you putting more work onto the people running the anonymous service and making them post this for you if you do not need it to be anonymous? Especially if you have an account and you are even telling us the name of your account. You could have just posted this yourself.
This is not so bad as it's a oneoff thing. One other user however sends floods the system with posts about the same things repeatedly and expecting different answers or expecting to be spoonfed things that would more easily be found more quickly through the slightest hint of self study. And frequently replies to their own AS threads with their real account, completely defeating the point of using an anonymous service.

But maybe that is the role of AS, to generally be a QA forum with optional anonymity. It does serve to keep the main forums cleaner for discussion, and if these posts were sent normally they would still have to go through moderation. Still, the lack of etiquette and apparent misuse is irritating.

existentialcrisis said:
This is not so bad as it's a oneoff thing. One other user however sends floods the system with posts about the same things repeatedly and expecting different answers or expecting to be spoonfed things that would more easily be found more quickly through the slightest hint of self study. And frequently replies to their own AS threads with their real account, completely defeating the point of using an anonymous service.

But maybe that is the role of AS, to generally be a QA forum with optional anonymity. It does serve to keep the main forums cleaner for discussion, and if these posts were sent normally they would still have to go through moderation. Still, the lack of etiquette and apparent misuse is irritating.

I think that both of those situations are very disrespectful to the people who are running this service, by forcing them to do all of this extra work that is not needed. This service is a necessary thing for the people who truly need to be anonymous and truly depend on this to ask an important question. As far as I know, it is one volunteer doing all of this work, or possibly more than one but a very small number of people. And as a volunteer job in addition to many other responsibilities. These people are nice enough to spend their time every day trying to help people who need it.

I think it is important to be mindful and to be respectful of this work and to use the service in the correct and necessary way. And not overload it with things that do not fit the purpose of what it is for. This is for things that seriously require anonymity like private astrological information, medical problems, or other embarrasing or private things. This is not for any random question that somebody thinks of, and people really should be making accounts to ask those kind of regular questions. Especially if the person already has an account, then there is no excuse not to log in and post your own question.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back