Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #2924: Can an Abomination Be Forgiven?

AskSatanOperator

I am not proud of what I’ve done, and I have no explanation for it. I am aware it is likely indicative of a larger problem, and I am constantly working to better myself and will likely speak to a psychologist soon.

I have purposely harmed animals in the past before joining Father’s fold and it haunts me. I did these things when I was without and I regret them immensely. I’m disgusted I’ve harmed the precious and innocent and I’ve made a point of apologizing to Father and the gods for what I’ve done, as well as routinely feeding strays local to me.

Since coming to Father I have dedicated myself to being better and growing in him, and I intend to remain with him always.

I’m well aware I am not entitled to forgiveness; but if I sincerely regret my doings and work to be better, can I?

In short answer: yes.

To your specific actions, although harmful and disrespectful, you still have the capability of transforming into a better individual. An individual who doesn't fall prey to the lower instincts of inflicting animal abuse for whatever reasons you had at the time.

The Gods can take these actions on a case by case understanding and you dedicating yourself to Satanism is already a huge step in the right direction towards transformation. Your actions towards feeding strays also helps massively.

A psychologist or therapist can definitely help with any underlying issues you may have but remember, you also have The Gods, meditations and magical workings you can perform to heal. (I'm sure many members can give advice on this).

But with your situation, yes, The Gods and Father can forgive you.

AskSatanOperator said:

Reflection and feeling bad about what happened represent the first step at resolving a problem. After this, which can be thought of as a willingness to change course, you would then focus on the actions you need to do. This can take time, but it is certainly a path to true forgiveness, even if it takes time.

As Sungio said, you need to heal yourself, then work on ways to give back and undo the harm that was done.

I'm not sure if I would feed strays without having them fixed, as this can simply create more births, but another option would be to volunteer some time at animal shelters. However, please do not do this if you feel you would fall into old, negative patterns again. If this is the case, then you should instead make a habit of donating money, or put your time into other charities in life.

It should go without saying that the spiritual warfare itself represents a charitable act to humanity, and would therefore help in a general sense.

AskSatanOperator said:
I have purposely harmed animals in the past before joining Father’s fold and it haunts me. I did these things when I was without and I regret them immensely. I’m disgusted I’ve harmed the precious and innocent and I’ve made a point of apologizing to Father and the gods for what I’ve done, as well as routinely feeding strays local to me.

Since coming to Father I have dedicated myself to being better and growing in him, and I intend to remain with him always.

I’m well aware I am not entitled to forgiveness; but if I sincerely regret my doings and work to be better, can I?

No, no, stop feeling guilt and dwelling in the past. This is bad and harms your spiritual progress.

When you do something bad, simply acknowledge what you did and resolve to not repeat it again in the future.

And then, once you make that resolution, forget it and not dwell on it again.

Satan isn't a Jewhova-like being who holds what you did in the past against you, especially if what you did was before you became a Satanist. Why would Satan care about what you did when you were brainwashed by Christianity? Do you hold what a friend/relative who was brainwashed by a dangerous cult did when he was a cult member?

If Satan doesn't hold what you did when you were brainwashed against you, then there's zero meaning to the word "forgiveness". To forgive someone, you need to hold what someone did against them.

You didn't say you repeated that after you became a Satanist, so it's all well.

If you did something bad once or twice and did not repeat it, there's nothing you need to do about that because it's just an one time event and doesn't represent who you are.

If you kept repeating it and still keep repeating it, then no matter how much you beat yourself down for it and feeling guilty and asking for forgiveness, you'll still keep repeating it. You need to be mindful when you do that and stop it.

In either way, feeling guilt and asking for forgiveness doesn't help, but makes it worse. See Christians who do things their religion forbids, then ask for forgiveness and then they keep repeating these same things. If feeling guilt or asking for forgiveness worked, these people wouldn't be repeating the same bad things.

The entire point here is to stop doing things that you think they're bad, not merely having a being forgive you in a Christian way. Satan is a very pragmatic being, as I said, because he understands and looks at your true intentions. He isn't like Jewhova who punishes people for absurd things.

Satanism isn't a guilt, shame and fear cult, unlike Christianity.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back