Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #2525: what is your opinion on Non-Duality

I partially answered this in a post where someone asked if meditation causes you to renounce the world:

Ginnarr said:
If your purpose is to dissolve your soul, remove all your materiality, escape from the material world and become one with "brahman", that's what you're doing it for. That's what these yogis do, and the type of meditation they do focuses on that end: the concentrate on something until their "ego" dissolves and get a feeling of bliss and oneness with everything (which they call samadhi) and try to stay in that state as long as possible.
We Satanists, on the other hand, find that "samadhi" dangerous and suicidal. We don't seek a blissful state or eternal bliss or oneness or dissolve our individual self. Our purpose is to become Gods and balance the spiritual with the material and to empower our individual selves. The type of meditations we do focus on training our minds and empowering our souls so that we become powerful, overcome fate and death and even reach immortality. We also practice power meditation so that our soul has enough power to use magick to control the material world according to our desires.

My answer was not about Advaita Vedanta, but it's the same concept: they believe the material world is an illusion and only the oneness with "brahman" is real and they seek to reach the state of "nirvikalpa samadhi" and stay in that state for ever so they will be "liberated".

It's all stupid and dangerous.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back