Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Question #1287: Weapons designer

AskSatanOperator

I find that I may be able to design mil-spec (military specifications) weapons but Satan probably won't approve of my career choice because of the very thought of designing literal killing machines.

But on the other hand, I will show you a reported quote from a well known weapons designer from the 1890s. (tech was complicated back then)

"In 1882 I was in Vienna, where I met an American whom I had known in the States. He said: 'Hang your chemistry and electricity! If you want to make a pile of money, invent something that will enable these Europeans to cut each others' throats with greater facility." - Hiram Stevens Maxim

I still think I should ask before I go further with my thoughts on making killing machines.

Nonsense. By the way I sympathize with you as a firearms enthusiast, I dream of designing my own guns if I ever have the resources to do so. It fascinates me the engineering challenges that various firearms aim to solve and how they go about doing so.

There is nothing wrong with creating or inventing weapons. The inventor is never responsible for how the weapon is used. People who want to kill each other will always find a means to do so, you are not enabling them to do so. If the killers don't use your invention, then they'll simply use someone else's.

The mentality of weapons, particularly firearms being "killing (murder) machines", is very liberal and right hand path. Why do you assume the innate purpose of weapons is to kill innocents? Your invention could save lives. It's mentalities like this which lead to the fucked up liberal gun control laws we see in many countries today. People seriously overlook the defensive purpose of weapons.

Our enemies have weapons, and therefore so should we. Would it be wrong for you to invent weapons for the advancement of our goals? Of course not. Let Satan bless your endeavors.

Now incase you were referring to a career in the (((military industrial complex))), then of course under no circumstances should you partake in that. The last thing we need is more missile defense systems for Israel.

None of the gods would be bothered by this.

Weapons are not bad things. They are tools, and like any other tool they can be used in many ways. A car is a useful tool, but somebody can use it in the wrong way and hurt somebody. A baseball bat is a tool for a children's game that children are playing at school, but it can be very bad if a person is hit with it. You can not worry about if somebody is choosing to use a tool in the wrong way because the tool is designed for a good purpose.

The main purpose of a weapon is defensively to protect yourself and protect your family. Of course it is a bad thing to harm somebody, but harming that person is necessary if that person is putting yourself or your family in extreme danger. If a violent criminal breaks into your house trying to rape and murder your family, the greatest and most virtuous thing would be to shoot him so he is prevented from harming your family. And you are helping the world by giving people the ability to defend themselves.

Hiram Maxim is a good person to learn from. He was a genius successful in everything that he did. He had a very successful career inventing electrical systems and inventing new useful chemicals, and had no training and no experience in designing guns. But his Maxim machine gun was the most successful design ever made. Every country in WWI and WWII were all using this same design from Maxim. The British government did a test with a maxim gun where they were able to continuously feed it more ammo belts and more water for the cooling jacket, and they spent 7 days firing more than 5 million rounds. After this, the gun was disassembled and all parts were inspected and none of them were damaged.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back