Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Persian New Year Tradition

CaspianTheDreamer

So basically Iranians start the new year a bit later than westerners. their calender is based upon the sun and the beginning of that calendar was from the moment Cyrus was coronated( correct me if im wrong ). and the new year holiday is called Nourooz ( New day ). And basically, families come and gather and unite. and also there is a certain spread of some items which is called " haft Sin " or " the seven S's".... it has to do with the chakras i know... but sometimes its more than seven items. we have the Sabzeh( green arrangement of clean grass) , Samanoo( juice of germinating wheat or malt mixed with flour and brought to a consistency). Sumac ( a spice used to season Kebab), Sekkeh ( Coins) Senjed (kind of tree and its fruit which resembles the mountain-ash). Siir (garlic), Serkeh ( vinegar ) . Seeb ( apple ) Sonbol ( hyacinth. i think ). and then you got stuff like a mirror, poems by some questionable authors from the very far past like Ha'afez , Ferdowsi and Rumi ( if you could give me info on whether they were deluded or if they actually knew some stuff i would highly appreciate that as well- i doubt it though, they apparently praised islam in some parts- ). some confectionary and pastries and colored eggs and candles. and of course , the fucking Quran ( which i highly doubt was ever a part of this all )...so basically these are all symbols for stuff like patience, fortune blah blah blah, but something tells me that there is a very deeper meaning to the symbolic arrangement used in persian new year parties...if any of you has knowledge to share please dont hesitate... i am extremely interested in Ancient pre-pisslamic persia and i want to know all about the real history of iran. thank you in advance. hail satan and happy new year :lol: :D

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back