Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Origins of the word god(s)

Hey everyone. A conversation with Set spurred me on to research this a bit more as we talked about omnipotence and other topics. I think I may have stumbled into something interesting. But this is just my hypothesis. My reason for writing this is that there also seems to be a lot of confusion when the term "god(s)" are used. Especially since most have come to understand it in its modern usage for that piece of xian crap. Normally it is taken as one who is omnipotent; or all knowing, seeing and powerful. This may not be the official definition but say the word god and this is what it conjures up. Many have come through here if the Gods of hell are such and such why can't they do this or that because of their understanding of the word god. This will hopefully clear up some of that.

The word "god" has a very pagan origin no matter which way it is traced back to its earliest roots. Even then the exact origin of the word remains somewhat murky. There are a lot of theories out there and many of them point to Sanskrit and the word "hu" keep this word in mind. Traditionally it is can be defined "as one who is called upon" and others.

Now early English has the word "gheu"
I also believe that the gothic word is similar I believe it is "gheud"
Also please keep these words in mind.

This brings me to the Enochian language which I believe is the origin of the word and it's original definition in usage. Enochian like many language clumps words together to make one. I'll skip through the details. Take a look at the following word in Enochian.
:gohed: Pronounced :GOH-hud: Remember the previous words? "hu" "gheud" and "gheu" All of them have a striking similarity and are not a far cry from each other.

The definition for the word GOHED-is Forever or Eternal used interchangeably.

If the ancients perceived the Demons as immortal it is quite logical to assume that they might have called them eternals or the goheds. Thus the Gods of Hell may simply translate to Eternals or immortals of Hell.

you know, while ago I placed this post in my ''relevant posts'' folder because it was really useful. I forgot to give you proper dibs on this finding though, good job! Really nice appliance of etymology, I'm interested in the origins of words too and this also clears one thing up. That a being is a gohed ( It's what I'll start calling them from now on) doesn't mean he/she needs worship. It means he/she's eternal, but that's all. No more, no less. We choose to worship Satan because he is the CREATOR gohed, and he made us. Thus he did something to deserve worship.

Again, thanks for your interesting information, alot of us appreciate it.

Ave Satanas!
Luciferi Gohed!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "universaldetective17" <universaldetective17@... wrote:

Hey everyone. A conversation with Set spurred me on to research this a bit more as we talked about omnipotence and other topics. I think I may have stumbled into something interesting. But this is just my hypothesis. My reason for writing this is that there also seems to be a lot of confusion when the term "god(s)" are used. Especially since most have come to understand it in its modern usage for that piece of xian crap. Normally it is taken as one who is omnipotent; or all knowing, seeing and powerful. This may not be the official definition but say the word god and this is what it conjures up. Many have come through here if the Gods of hell are such and such why can't they do this or that because of their understanding of the word god. This will hopefully clear up some of that.

The word "god" has a very pagan origin no matter which way it is traced back to its earliest roots. Even then the exact origin of the word remains somewhat murky. There are a lot of theories out there and many of them point to Sanskrit and the word "hu" keep this word in mind. Traditionally it is can be defined "as one who is called upon" and others.

Now early English has the word "gheu"
I also believe that the gothic word is similar I believe it is "gheud"
Also please keep these words in mind.

This brings me to the Enochian language which I believe is the origin of the word and it's original definition in usage. Enochian like many language clumps words together to make one. I'll skip through the details. Take a look at the following word in Enochian.
:gohed: Pronounced :GOH-hud: Remember the previous words? "hu" "gheud" and "gheu" All of them have a striking similarity and are not a far cry from each other.

The definition for the word GOHED-is Forever or Eternal used interchangeably.

If the ancients perceived the Demons as immortal it is quite logical to assume that they might have called them eternals or the goheds. Thus the Gods of Hell may simply translate to Eternals or immortals of Hell.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back