Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

meditation VS sleep

if you lose 1 hour of sleep cause of meditation for example, that is ok. Don't over do it though, like radzio said, sleep is very important.

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM, radzio_ss <truth.seeker1@... wrote:
  To a degree, yes. When you do lots of different meditations on empowering yourselfes you reach a state of getting energized and not really needing to sleep. Keep in mind that you should not abuse that trick, for your own good. Sleep is important.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "3zo0oz al ba6al" <m7ashesh_online@... wrote:

can i replace sleep with meditation

Sleep is necessary. When you sleep your body repairs its' self and neurotransmitters are recreated -all necessary to good mental and physical function. Not all people need the same amount of sleep -some people can do on as little as 2 to 3 hours and others need 8 to 10 hours. There are a few people that never seem to sleep and do just fine but that is extremely rare. The Russians experimented with something called 'electro-sleep' during the 1960's, it could help a person get 8 hours sleep in 2 hours, but I don't know the long term effects of such a thing. As a rule when we get older we need less sleep.

Hail Satan

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "radzio_ss" <truth.seeker1@... wrote:

To a degree, yes. When you do lots of different meditations on empowering yourselfes you reach a state of getting energized and not really needing to sleep. Keep in mind that you should not abuse that trick, for your own good. Sleep is important.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "3zo0oz al ba6al" <m7ashesh_online@ wrote:

Sleep is basically your body resetting yourself you need a min of 3 rems per 24 hours *about 2 hours and 15 min. preferable 8 rem per night or 6 hours. younger people need 10 or more rem for healthy development. atleast from my understanding of it i may be wrong.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Igor Bedzor <igorbedzor@... wrote:

if you lose 1 hour of sleep cause of meditation for example, that is ok.
Don't over do it though, like radzio said, sleep is very important.

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM, radzio_ss <truth.seeker1@... wrote:

To a degree, yes. When you do lots of different meditations on empowering
yourselfes you reach a state of getting energized and not really needing to
sleep. Keep in mind that you should not abuse that trick, for your own
good. Sleep is important.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "3zo0oz al ba6al" <m7ashesh_online@
wrote:

I've been awake almost 48 hours now (bad insomnia. My record is 8 days) and trust me, your meditations will be useless without sleep. You'll be foggy, distracted, and eventually you'll hallucinate. Meditation and sleep are not even close to being the same thing. Rest up, eat well, stay sober and everything you do in regards to meditation and magick will benifit, along with basically everything else you do in the mundane world lol

Best,
D

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "keeperofstone" <brucekuersteiner@... wrote:

Sleep is necessary. When you sleep your body repairs its' self and neurotransmitters are recreated -all necessary to good mental and physical function. Not all people need the same amount of sleep -some people can do on as little as 2 to 3 hours and others need 8 to 10 hours. There are a few people that never seem to sleep and do just fine but that is extremely rare. The Russians experimented with something called 'electro-sleep' during the 1960's, it could help a person get 8 hours sleep in 2 hours, but I don't know the long term effects of such a thing. As a rule when we get older we need less sleep.

Hail Satan

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "radzio_ss" <truth.seeker1@ wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "3zo0oz al ba6al" <m7ashesh_online@ wrote:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back