Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Imperfection and fixing a broken pot

DarkAries

There is a japanese art called kintsugi, where you fix a broken pot using gold(or yello copper this case). Just in life, you you break, lose, become flawled etc. You cant restore to its original, or act like nothing happened, but you can bring out the best of it. With great care and mastery you can turn to flaws into something strong, something beautiful. This bowl can very hardly break again.
Or as Marcus Aurelious said: "The obstacle in your way is but a stepping stone on your journey."
IMG_20240515_160619.jpg
IMG_20240515_160625.jpg

A significant vase of mine has shattered, I plan to use this method.

A significant vase of mine has shattered, I plan to use this method.
I used epoxy, fixed around 5 min, but it have its drawbacks. Epoxy is very toxic(and have a rotten fish-like smell), if you fix with that the cheramy wont be foodsafe anymore. Im not sure if the flowers in the wase would survive thou. Use a lot of gloves, epoxi stick to everything.
The only foodsafe option would be the traditional lacquer method, but it can take even weeks to fix. If you try it, gooduck.😁

Just in life, you you break, lose, become flawled etc. You cant restore to its original, or act like nothing happened, but you can bring out the best of it. With great care and mastery you can turn to flaws into something strong, something beautiful. This bowl can very hardly break again.
Or as Marcus Aurelious said: "The obstacle in your way is but a stepping stone on your journey."

These are things we often have to remember to get through difficult times. Thank you

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back