Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

How to focus past noise

jasonmorbid

It is so insufferably noisy here with televisions, insignificant bullshit conversations about phones, general racket, cars outside and i swear EVERY SINGLE TIME I TRY TO DO ANYTHING when I would NORMALLY BE LEFT ALONE FOR HOURS someone bothers me within five minutes. I swear this is the work of our enemy. WHAT CAN I DO? I CANT EVEN FOCUS ON MY BREATHING!! I WANT TO SMASH EVERYTHING!!

Do it in your car, or listen to music that you are familiar with, as "background noise." I used to do that on subways and do void meditation with my eyes open, when doing more advanced meditations required more attention towards it (and away from my surroundings.)

But I'm unsure how safe your town/city is with the public transit. Mine is pretty safe (the route I would take to my destination) but it was distracting watching everyone come and go and also pay attention to who is sitting around me, while doing anything more advanced then void meditation.
But do whatever works for you, while staying safe and aware.

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:08 PM, "jasonmorbid@... [JoS4adults]" <[email protected] wrote:

Im suggesting there isnt anywhere i can go

Im in a kind of modern primitive situation in a somewhat busy area. I dont use money or have/ever will have a vehicle. music may be an idea, if i can find something thats not too distracting in itself

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back