Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

How many Churches and Mosques are in China?

There have been reports of churches and Mosques in Russia, but what about China? Besides the obvious, How many of them are there in that country, and how much control do the churches/mosques have over civilians there?

Few, I've seen videos of people in churches in China, it's not forbidden yet 🫠 but there Christians are the minority of the minority, as far as I know, what is forbidden is for a religious person to disturb others in public places

There have been reports of churches and Mosques in Russia, but what about China? Besides the obvious, How many of them are there in that country, and how much control do the churches/mosques have over civilians there?
I found this on my country's Wikipedia page. "According to official sources, 4,600 Catholic churches are currently open for worship in China" "There are approximately 36,000 Islamic places of worship, more than 45,000 imams and 10 Islamic schools in the country" I hope it can be useful to answer your question, personally I don't know anything about Geography...

Few, I've seen videos of people in churches in China, it's not forbidden yet 🫠 but there Christians are the minority of the minority, as far as I know, what is forbidden is for a religious person to disturb others in public places
Just as I suspected in Christianity. What about Communist North Korea? I've been told on Quora that Christianity and Islam are forbidden there. Is there proof of the contrary?

Just as I suspected in Christianity. What about Communist North Korea? I've been told on Quora that Christianity and Islam are forbidden there. Is there proof of the contrary?
Something I picked up on Wikipedia about North Korea:

"North Korea is officially an atheist state" "Formally, the Catholic Church has the diocese of Pyongyang and the diocese of Hamhung in North Korea, suffragan dioceses of the archdiocese of Seoul: both North Korean dioceses are considered vacant and the Catholic clergy is absent from the country"

"In North Korea the only recognized Catholic organization is the Association of North Korean Catholics, founded in 1988, which has no relations with the Holy See and is controlled by the government"

"According to official sources, the Catholics belonging to the association are around three thousand, but according to other estimates there are around 800. In the country there is only one authorized Catholic church, the Church of Changchung, located in Pyongyang and managed by the Association of North Korean Catholics; the church does not have ordained priests and the services are celebrated by foreign clergy"

"In North Korea, the only recognized Protestant organization is the Korean Christian Federation" "The association, founded in 1946, officially includes about 10,000 members and is controlled by the government"

"The Korean Christian Federation oversees the only two Protestant churches authorized in the country, namely the Bongsu Church and the Chilgol Church, both located in Pyongyang".

Regarding Islam: "There is only one Shiite mosque in Pyongyang, built at the request of the Iranian ambassador" "it is considered the first and only mosque in the country and welcomes Muslims of all persuasions" "Due to the lack of other mosques in the country, it is also used by the staff of the embassies of other Islamic countries present in North Korea" That's all I could find out.

"North Korea is officially an atheist state"
Officially has basically become a keyword for "being an atheist state to keep up appearances," so I won't take that for granted.

"According to official sources, the Catholics belonging to the association are around three thousand, but according to other estimates there are around 800. In the country there is only one authorized Catholic church, the Church of Changchung, located in Pyongyang and managed by the Association of North Korean Catholics; the church does not have ordained priests and the services are celebrated by foreign clergy"

It's safe to say that the church of Chqngchung is real power that calls the political shots at North Korea and being declared "Atheist" is just a cover. Are church and Mosque in Pyongyang near the vicinity of North Korea's capital, by any chance?

Either way, there's a likely chance both Asian countries have synagogues in the country if they have Churches and Mosques inside them. That only leaves me wondering how much influence these "religious" organizations have on Chinese and North Korean Citizens.

Bumping this because I want to ask something: Since the Bible is the blueprint of Communism, are Christians favored in China/North Korea, and if so, how much? I've read a few posts that cover Russia's support of Muslims via Putin, but what about China and North Korea?

Bumping this because I want to ask something: Since the Bible is the blueprint of Communism, are Christians favored in China/North Korea, and if so, how much? I've read a few posts that cover Russia's support of Muslims via Putin, but what about China and North Korea?
the religions are just tools to achieve control and slavery over the masses, but they are not the only tools being used.

the religions are just tools to achieve control and slavery over the masses, but they are not the only tools being used.
What other tools are being used to control the masses?

What other tools are being used to control the masses?
If you're referring to North Korea; starvation, torture, concentration camps for those who committed the "crimes" not only for the individual but for generations as well. Propaganda. I recommend Rogue Regime: Kim Jong Il and the Looming Threat of North Korea by Jasper Becker. I got started on this author thanks to Maxine Dietrich as she listed Mao's secret famine on the JoS website in Satan's library. Sorry for the weird highlight I copy pasted the title because I didn't feel like typing it out lol.
Hail Satan

If you're referring to North Korea; starvation, torture, concentration camps for those who committed the "crimes" not only for the individual but for generations as well. Propaganda. I recommend Rogue Regime: Kim Jong Il and the Looming Threat of North Korea by Jasper Becker. I got started on this author thanks to Maxine Dietrich as she listed Mao's secret famine on the JoS website in Satan's library. Sorry for the weird highlight I copy pasted the title because I didn't feel like typing it out lol.
Hail Satan
Thank you. But what about the tools China use?

Thank you. But what about the tools China use?
Have you heard of the Social credit system? Also the book HP Maxine listed goes into this pretty well. Basically if you are an "enemy of the state" there are severe consequences. Under Mao people had to use farming techniques that didn't work, produce a certain amount for the state, lie about numbers to meet impossible quotas, and starve because most of its being taken by the state. No free speech. No room for any sort of disagreement with the ccp. Currently there is tight control over the internet and certain sites are inaccessible. I know someone who had to use a VPN for certain things to hide from the government and get free access. My Chinese teacher in high school didn't know about Tiananmen square until one of the students told her and she couldn't believe it. (This was 10 years ago or so, not sure if its different now) By the way you can't really own a home it isn't yours anymore after 70 years if the state decides they don't want to renew because they own the land. There's some good examples of control in this article:

Supposedly they will renew unconditionally, but can you really trust the government? Still at the whim of the state- "Good" news

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back