Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Concerned about upcoming procedure, need advice

ac20

Hi all, for some background about a year ago I posted on here because I was freaking out about tetanus and the tetanus vaccine. Looking back I was really out of my mind, and I got paranoid over a tiny scratch.

It's been a year and I've been fighting germaphobia that ive been suffering through, but now im at a place where i can function really well.
But what I wanted to discuss is that my wisdom teeth have been giving me issues, and i fear that now is the time to get them removed. I also think i should get them removed soon before Mpox potentially becomes a thing and shuts everything down.

Thing is, i still havent got the guts to get the tetanus vaccine, because im scared of it ever since i got myocarditis from the stupid covid shot 2 years ago. whenever i think about it, i just get really fearful. I think im still very scared of death and illness, and i worry i might drop dead if i get another shot.

So I think I might just get my wisdom teeth removed without getting the T shot.
But my brain puts two and two together, and i get scared i might get tetanus from having my gums cut open to remove the wisdom teeth.
However, my logical side of my brain is telling me that i shouldn't worry because the incisions are very tiny in this case, plus my gums are tucked away in my mouth away from bacteria.

I just wanted to get your guy's thoughts on my thought process. Am I right in thinking that its not a big deal to get my teeth removed while being unvaxed? I'd also like some tips on overcoming germaphobia. at one point my hands started to split open from excessive handwashing, but they're fine now.

If you didn't get tetanus from that tiny scratch it means you didn't need the vaccine and you're extremely unlikely to get it from a wisdom tooth removal. You are simply very paranoid.

Tetanus is mostly treated with anti-biotics at this point. Every nurse I'm closer friends (I talk with them a couple times a year, but thats a closer friend for me) with has said they're not getting any shot after what happened with Covid. If your looking for someone who had a fairly bad reaction to the tetanus shot look no further. I still have a swollen lymph node on my neck from the last tetanus booster I got in 2010. I've had no vaccines since then and I only had 6 before. I'm an old guy though.
That being said I DO have plenty of experience with teeth. Seems how mine are terrible. Don't wait too long on teeth, things can go south real fast.
If your concerned with tetanus from metal things I and dozens of other people I know who are also anti-vax scrape their knuckles on the daily being mechanics. That metal is in WAY worse condition than what your going to run into. I've never even heard of someone getting tetanus. I know it doesn't help, being a germaphobe. Theres a reason its called an irrational fear. If it was rational you'd be able to do something about it. Everyone else here will tell you all kinds of things that can help with the irrational part. I'm just one of the most anti-vax people I've ever met, and I'll provide you with whatever information you need from there if you ask. I also know of dozens of...other...medicines...for things they're either not supposed to be used for or your not supposed to know about...
Anyway. Just ask if ya need more info on anything. As always remember the biggest thing holding you back in life is fear. Overcoming it is part of the journey.

Hi all, for some background about a year ago I posted on here because I was freaking out about tetanus and the tetanus vaccine. Looking back I was really out of my mind, and I got paranoid over a tiny scratch.

It's been a year and I've been fighting germaphobia that ive been suffering through, but now im at a place where i can function really well.
But what I wanted to discuss is that my wisdom teeth have been giving me issues, and i fear that now is the time to get them removed. I also think i should get them removed soon before Mpox potentially becomes a thing and shuts everything down.

Thing is, i still havent got the guts to get the tetanus vaccine, because im scared of it ever since i got myocarditis from the stupid covid shot 2 years ago. whenever i think about it, i just get really fearful. I think im still very scared of death and illness, and i worry i might drop dead if i get another shot.

So I think I might just get my wisdom teeth removed without getting the T shot.
But my brain puts two and two together, and i get scared i might get tetanus from having my gums cut open to remove the wisdom teeth.
However, my logical side of my brain is telling me that i shouldn't worry because the incisions are very tiny in this case, plus my gums are tucked away in my mouth away from bacteria.

I just wanted to get your guy's thoughts on my thought process. Am I right in thinking that its not a big deal to get my teeth removed while being unvaxed? I'd also like some tips on overcoming germaphobia. at one point my hands started to split open from excessive handwashing, but they're fine now.
The tetanus vaccine is very old and established and works like any other conventional vaccine. It's not like the experimental RNA rewriting covid vaccine, which went through none of the rigorous testing and trials that other vaccines have gone through.

It's very low risk, sometimes I don't even get the soreness at the injection site that they say you get from it.

But that being said, if you don't work with your hands or work with metal then you're probably fine without it. It's not necessary for dental work.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back