Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Chart Reading Game

f.follets

This group has been pretty idle lately, and as I always find myself with lots of free time at the end of the year, I tried to come up with a way to learn more, improve my chart reading skills while helping others and increasing group activity as well. I don't know if something similar has been done here before, but I propose a Chart Reading Game:

OVERVIEW

Participants will be divided in Astrologers and Applicants, their roles are self-explanatory. The game's objective is simple: give as many readings as possible with good accuracy and useful insights to Applicants, while Astrologers get to test and hone their reading skills with real charts.

Studying the charts of the rich and famous is good, but reading the charts of anonymous, everyday people can teach much more. Accurately reading any chart is what makes a true astrologer and practice makes perfect.

HOW IT WORKS

Applicants will anonymously send their charts to an email, which will be handled by me and the other Astrologers. The charts will then be picked by the Astrologers, who will compose a (preferably) small, concise reading. As soon as the Astrologer finishes the job, the reading will be posted here for everyone to see and comment.

RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS

For Applicants:
1. Anyone who wants to have their chart read should apply by sending a message to chartreading.game@... with the subject APPLICATION.
2. After applying, you should send your chart ANONYMOUSLY through http://www.astro.com

Go to Free Horoscopes Chart drawing, Ascendant for Guest Users enter your info with ANONYMOUS as the first name, correct gender and continue in the chart page, click Send Page at the top left corner Name Sender: ANONYMOUS, e-mail receipt AND sender should be chartreading.game@...

3. Applicants can send their charts until December 21st, 2012.
4. ONLY ONE chart per Applicant. If the number of applicants and charts aren't equal, the odd ones will be left out.
4.1. Should this happen, the latest charts received and not yet read by an Astrologer will be left out.

For Astrologers:
1. Anyone who wants to be an Astrologer may apply HERE, in this thread and then send a message to chartreading.game@... with the subject ASTROLOGER.
1.1. Astrologers will be given access to the email account and will find further instructions therein.
1.2. Astrologers MUST apply here as well. Anyone who fails to do this won't be given access to the account.
2. Anyone may apply, but please be reasonable. Only those who really think they can give helpful readings should opt-in.
3. Astrologers who also want to have their charts read should follow the rules for Applicants.
4. If possible, all charts should be processed until December 31st, 2012.

NOTES

This is a GAME with educational and entertainment purposes. All participants should take the readings given here as amateur. Anyone who wants to have their chart read by a professional should refer to High Priestess Maxine's services.

I have run some tests with Astrodienst's systems and everything seems to be fine and working well. I believe we can trust the system for securely and steadly sending and receiving charts, as well as mantaining anonimity.

Please let me know if you have any question or something to add.

Awesome idea!! I'm in, as an astrologer. I have recently been advised it is to be a career path (at least part-time) for me, so this will be of great benefit :)

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "f.follets" <f.follets@... wrote:

This group has been pretty idle lately, and as I always find myself with lots of free time at the end of the year, I tried to come up with a way to learn more, improve my chart reading skills while helping others and increasing group activity as well. I don't know if something similar has been done here before, but I propose a Chart Reading Game:

OVERVIEW

Participants will be divided in Astrologers and Applicants, their roles are self-explanatory. The game's objective is simple: give as many readings as possible with good accuracy and useful insights to Applicants, while Astrologers get to test and hone their reading skills with real charts.

Studying the charts of the rich and famous is good, but reading the charts of anonymous, everyday people can teach much more. Accurately reading any chart is what makes a true astrologer and practice makes perfect.

HOW IT WORKS

Applicants will anonymously send their charts to an email, which will be handled by me and the other Astrologers. The charts will then be picked by the Astrologers, who will compose a (preferably) small, concise reading. As soon as the Astrologer finishes the job, the reading will be posted here for everyone to see and comment.

RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS

For Applicants:
1. Anyone who wants to have their chart read should apply by sending a message to chartreading.game@... with the subject APPLICATION.
2. After applying, you should send your chart ANONYMOUSLY through http://www.astro.com

Go to Free Horoscopes Chart drawing, Ascendant for Guest Users enter your info with ANONYMOUS as the first name, correct gender and continue in the chart page, click Send Page at the top left corner Name Sender: ANONYMOUS, e-mail receipt AND sender should be chartreading.game@...

4. ONLY ONE chart per Applicant. If the number of applicants and charts aren't equal, the odd ones will be left out.
4.1. Should this happen, the latest charts received and not yet read by an Astrologer will be left out.

For Astrologers:
1. Anyone who wants to be an Astrologer may apply HERE, in this thread and then send a message to chartreading.game@... with the subject ASTROLOGER.
1.1. Astrologers will be given access to the email account and will find further instructions therein.
1.2. Astrologers MUST apply here as well. Anyone who fails to do this won't be given access to the account.
2. Anyone may apply, but please be reasonable. Only those who really think they can give helpful readings should opt-in.
3. Astrologers who also want to have their charts read should follow the rules for Applicants.

NOTES

This is a GAME with educational and entertainment purposes. All participants should take the readings given here as amateur. Anyone who wants to have their chart read by a professional should refer to High Priestess Maxine's services.

I have run some tests with Astrodienst's systems and everything seems to be fine and working well. I believe we can trust the system for securely and steadly sending and receiving charts, as well as mantaining anonimity.

Just talking my conspirator brain here, none should give their birthchart anywhere, for obvious reasons. I would say just try toread other person's charts, or just guess dates. As to not expose peesonal information.

HAIL SATAN!!!!
--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "f.follets" <f.follets@... wrote:

OVERVIEW

HOW IT WORKS

RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS

For Applicants:

For Astrologers:

NOTES

The game's email address is chartreading.game AT yahoo.com

Yahoo Groups apparently can't show full email addresses on the messages.

In the books, astrologers have always used clients' charts to teach analysis and techniques. Of course, all charts are anonymous and people usually agree with that beforehand, which is one of the reasons why everyone must apply before sending the charts.

This isn't just for those who want to read charts, this is especially for people who can't read their charts or just want to gain new insights they wouldn't have had themselves.

I designed the game to be as secure as possible for everyone. No one besides the Astrologers will ever know who applied for the readings and the charts will be sent anonymously through a 3rd party website everyone knows well. There will be way to tell who the charts belong to.

The readings posted here will not contain the charts themselves because I couldn't find a way to get rid of the birthplace (which is sensitive information) in the chart and doing this by other means would take just too much time, so there will be just some delineations so that we can understand the chart and so that the sender may know that the chart is theirs. After the game is over, the email account will be deleted as well.

Also, Astrologers must apply here on the group, so if anything goes wrong, we will have a very limited and explicit group of people to look for and take appropriate measures. I'll probably be the one to blame in the end anyway.

I'm sure things won't come to this, however.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "hoodedcobra666" <hoodedcobra666@... wrote:

Just talking my conspirator brain here, none should give their birthchart anywhere, for obvious reasons. I would say just try toread other person's charts, or just guess dates. As to not expose peesonal information.

HAIL SATAN!!!!
--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "f.follets" <f.follets@ wrote:

OVERVIEW

HOW IT WORKS

RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS

For Applicants:
1. Anyone who wants to have their chart read should apply by sending a message to chartreading.game@ with the subject APPLICATION.

Go to Free Horoscopes Chart drawing, Ascendant for Guest Users enter your info with ANONYMOUS as the first name, correct gender and continue in the chart page, click Send Page at the top left corner Name Sender: ANONYMOUS, e-mail receipt AND sender should be chartreading.game@

For Astrologers:
1. Anyone who wants to be an Astrologer may apply HERE, in this thread and then send a message to chartreading.game@ with the subject ASTROLOGER.

NOTES

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back