Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Carlos Castaneda

magus

Greetings  I came across the book "Teachings Of Don Juan" by Carlos Castaneda(in the 90's and read all the books written by him).Now the question is is this also some new age bullshit because as far as i remember (i read the last of his books in 94 or 95) it has things to do with the Yakui Indian tribes and also parts of Mayan and Aztec cultures and it is close to nature.Just came across some exercises it is called tensegrity before i start doing this just wanted to know if these are the proper exercises for us or no.If it is of the enemy plzzzz forgive me as i myself did not know.Have a lot to learn yet. Here is the link for youtube page  it has a lot of these exercises.. I really loved his books
     http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... dugXSOO-SQ.
 HAIL EA/ENKIHAIL MARDUK/RA         HAIL UTU/SHAMASH/LORD AZAZEL
HAIL LORD NABUHAIL ANUBIS
HAIL AGARES
HAIL BALAMgrity

<td val[/IMG]I have read many of his too,and just assumed it was jewage shit too.

Hail Enki
Brian 

--- On Thu, 6/14/12, magus <magus_75@... wrote:
Subject: [JoS4adults] Carlos Castaneda
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]
Date: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 8:43 AM

Greetings  I came across the book "Teachings Of Don Juan" by Carlos Castaneda(in the 90's and read all the books written by him).Now the question is is this also some new age bullshit because as far as i remember (i read the last of his books in 94 or 95) it has things to do with the Yakui Indian tribes and also parts of Mayan and Aztec cultures and it is close to nature.Just came across some exercises it is called tensegrity before i start doing this just wanted to know if these are the proper exercises for us or no.If it is of the enemy plzzzz forgive me as i myself did not know.Have a lot to learn yet. Here is the link for youtube page  it has a lot of these exercises.. I really loved his books
HAIL AGARES
HAIL BALAMgrity
[/TD]

Something to consider about any of Carlos's claims on anything:

Castaneda's works were presented as real-life accounts, but critics held that they were fictional. At first, and with the backing of academic qualifications and the UCLA anthropological department, Castaneda's work was critically acclaimed. Notable American anthropologists like Edward Spicer (1969) and Edmund Leach (1969)[13] praised Castaneda, alongside more alternative and young anthropologists such as Peter Furst, Barbara Myerhoff and Michael Harner.
The authenticity of Don Juan was accepted for six years, until Richard de Mille and Daniel Noel both published their critical exposés of the Don Juan books in 1976. Most anthropologists had been convinced of Castaneda's authenticity until then â€" indeed, they had had little reason to question it â€" but some averred that de Mille's analysis disproved the veracity of Castaneda's work. Later anthropologists specializing in Yaqui Indian culture (William Curry Holden, Jane Holden Kelley and Edward H. Spicer), who originally supported Castaneda's account as true, questioned the accuracies of Castaneda's work.[14]
In The Power and the Allegory, De Mille compared The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge with Castaneda's library stack requests at the University of California. The stack requests documented that he was sitting in the library when allegedly his journal said he was squatting in Don Juan's hut. One discovery that de Mille alleges to have made in his examination of the stack requests was that when Castaneda was alleged to have said that he was participating in the traditional peyote ceremonyâ€"the least fantastic episode of drug useâ€"he was sitting in the UCLA library and he was reading someone else's description of their experience of the peyote ceremony. Other criticisms of Castaneda's work include the total lack of Yaqui vocabulary or terms for any of his experiences.[15]

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Brian Gibbons <briangibbons20@... wrote:

I have read many of his too,and just assumed it was jewage shit too.

Hail Enki

Brian 

--- On Thu, 6/14/12, magus <magus_75@... wrote:

To: "[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]" <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]" <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]" <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

HAIL AGARES
HAIL BALAMgrity

In other words, Castaneda is a fraud... (?)

Okay, I've heard this statement (made by a high priest of the ToS), backed up by providing an author's name and a book of his, from where Castaneda took 'his' ideas.

Now as Don clarified the case, I see that it makes more sense...

Siguard Draconis.

HAIL LUCIFER AND THE ELDER GODS!!
DEATH TO THE RIGHT HAND PATH!!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "Don" <mageson6666@... wrote:

Castaneda's works were presented as real-life accounts, but critics held that they were fictional. At first, and with the backing of academic qualifications and the UCLA anthropological department, Castaneda's work was critically acclaimed. Notable American anthropologists like Edward Spicer (1969) and Edmund Leach (1969)[13] praised Castaneda, alongside more alternative and young anthropologists such as Peter Furst, Barbara Myerhoff and Michael Harner.
The authenticity of Don Juan was accepted for six years, until Richard de Mille and Daniel Noel both published their critical exposés of the Don Juan books in 1976. Most anthropologists had been convinced of Castaneda's authenticity until then â€" indeed, they had had little reason to question it â€" but some averred that de Mille's analysis disproved the veracity of Castaneda's work. Later anthropologists specializing in Yaqui Indian culture (William Curry Holden, Jane Holden Kelley and Edward H. Spicer), who originally supported Castaneda's account as true, questioned the accuracies of Castaneda's work.[14]
In The Power and the Allegory, De Mille compared The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge with Castaneda's library stack requests at the University of California. The stack requests documented that he was sitting in the library when allegedly his journal said he was squatting in Don Juan's hut. One discovery that de Mille alleges to have made in his examination of the stack requests was that when Castaneda was alleged to have said that he was participating in the traditional peyote ceremonyâ€"the least fantastic episode of drug useâ€"he was sitting in the UCLA library and he was reading someone else's description of their experience of the peyote ceremony. Other criticisms of Castaneda's work include the total lack of Yaqui vocabulary or terms for any of his experiences.[15]

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], Brian Gibbons <briangibbons20@ wrote:

Hail Enki

Brian 

--- On Thu, 6/14/12, magus <magus_75@ wrote:

To: "[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]" <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]" <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]" <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

This character was also running some kind of new age cult that left a trail of bodies.
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 12:31:36 PM
Subject: [JoS4adults] Re: Carlos Castaneda

In other words, Castaneda is a fraud... (?)

Okay, I've heard this statement (made by a high priest of the ToS), backed up by providing an author's name and a book of his, from where Castaneda took 'his' ideas.

Now as Don clarified the case, I see that it makes more sense...

Siguard Draconis.

HAIL LUCIFER AND THE ELDER GODS!!
DEATH TO THE RIGHT HAND PATH!!

--- In mailto:JoS4adults%40yahoogroups.com, "Don" <mageson6666@... wrote:

--- In mailto:JoS4adults%40yahoogroups.com, Brian Gibbons <briangibbons20@ wrote:

Hail Enki

Brian 

--- On Thu, 6/14/12, magus <magus_75@ wrote:

To: "mailto:JoyofSatan666%40yahoogroups.com" <mailto:JoyofSatan666%40yahoogroups.com, "mailto:HellsArmy666%40yahoogroups.com" <mailto:HellsArmy666%40yahoogroups.com, "mailto:JoS4adults%40yahoogroups.com" <mailto:JoS4adults%40yahoogroups.com

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back