Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Calendar Systems

OttoHart

The current calendar system, as far as months are concerned, is not Christian. Many of the months were named during a time of Paganism, and the overall system works, although matematically it would be better to have 13 months, as they would be proper lunar months.
Regardless, the elephant in the room is that the AD and BC system is so deeply entrenched in society, and works around the birth of a fake person used to hurt us.

This post is meant to encourage discussion. What do you think would be a better system to count years? What systems have you studied in Ancient times that you think would work? Do you have a personal idea?
Let's get a fun topic going.

Let it also be known that counting years to begin with is not necessary, as many ancient cultures didn't. Key points in history would be recorded, and people would know how many years it has been since any key event, but there was no specific number for the year, as life is cyclical and without beginning. So systems that don't count years are welcome to be discussed, but obviously those who do are more intriguing.

What do you think would be a better system to count years?
Peronaly, I would be all for a Before Hitler (BH) and an After Hitler (AH), instead of BC and AD. I believe some Esoteric Hitlerists are already doing this now.

I still think it's important for the years to be numbered as it makes date calculations much easier.

The Coligny calendar that was used by the druids is quite interesting as it tracks both the lunar cycle and the solar year.

Calendar should revolve around Nature, so thirteen months makes sense. I wonder if the duration of the day should be something else than currently. At the very least, the beginning of the day should be at sunrise, not arbitrarily in the middle of the night.

Calendar should revolve around Nature, so thirteen months makes sense. I wonder if the duration of the day should be something else than currently. At the very least, the beginning of the day should be at sunrise, not arbitrarily in the middle of the night.
Very interesting takes.

Thirteen months would result in each month being 28 even days, with every year ending on Sunday and beginning on Monday.

As for when the day starts, it already does start based on a natural occurrence.
The day begins when the Sun officially starts "moving towards you" and not away from you, relatively to your position. Midday being when the Sun is at its highest point, and midnight when the Sun is directly opposite, at the lowest point. This has been first done en masse in Rome, under Julius Caesar. He picked this time for a new day to officially start because tracking the sunrise wouldn't be that consistent. Whether the Sun is peaking can be easily seen with sundials, and whether the Sun is peaking in the opposite side of the planet can be tracked with water clocks, practices they praise the Egyptians for creating. Astrological workings still considered the day to start at sunrise, but maneuvering all material life around sunrise basically does not work.

24 hours for the day is fine in my opinion. Anything can be used here, but 24 hours has great history.
The Egyptians, cca 1600BCE, designed the 24 hour system. They divided both the day and the night into 12 segments, because they were already using a base-12 system to count. I have a lot to say on the base 12 system. It is spiritually divine in many ways, and it is a very convenient way to count, as 12 is highly divisible. It divides evenly by 2, 3, 4 and 6, which is a lot better than any other system.
Obviously, there was the issue of hours not being consistent. As there was no accurate way to track minutes or beyond (and frankly no need), the system was far more lax and the duration of an hour varied wildly across the year.

The 60 minutes per hour system became mainstream in Europe in the Middle Ages because of "Islamic influence". I say this with quotation marks, because the Islamic mathematicians and astrologers who were using the 60 minute hour had gained this knowledge from Babylonian astrology.
Babylonian used a base-60 system for its mathematicians and astrologers, and the average person likely just used a watered down version of that. A base-60 system helps a lot with advanced calculations. As a math nerd, I tested both these systems and found them very intuitive.

The current system of days, hours and minutes is an amalgamation of all that knowledge, that works fairly well.
Years are, in my opinion, the most debatable and interesting topic.

with every year ending on Sunday and beginning on Monday.

A week should start on Sunday.

If I remember correctly, HPHC said that we don't have to worry about the calendar we use today, We don't have to associate it with a hoax. It's simply a pinpointed time in the history that we call the year one and that's it. BCE (before common era) and CE (common era) can be used instead of BC and AD.

Although this doesn't make much sense and we will probably invent a new calendar in a new Satanic world.

I'm very glad I came across this thread. I must agree that it's easy to indeed become entrenched in the 'black and white' of things; how the calendar system has changed in various ways throughout the ages. It's beyond my understanding truthfully however I do think that Egypt's original lunar calendar may have been the greatest; a 13-month system with the final supplementary month being Thoth, God of the moon (hence perhaps lunar among other astronomical things I have yet to better learn). I think the later solar calendar is equally as divine however a part of me feels conflicted as to which is the better system. Perhaps they are equally as viable and could perhaps even work in tandem with each other via a spiritual/allegorical sense. I simply don't know enough about them yet and will likely need to look into it more.

All I can say is that although Caesar took this system only for it to be stolen, altered and used by the Roman Catholics (i.e papacies) it still I am sure holds much of its original Pagan roots in spite of the use of Latin numbers, names of Popes and Latin words (such as April/Apero - to make clear). There are three months however named after Gods/Goddesses - January/Janus, June/Juno and May/Mia.

It boggles my mind how much the Romans have reformed everything; from democracy, money/currency, law, language and so on. It is very true that the original enemy is what created these Abrahammic religions, yet some appear far worse in certain ways than others, albeit none of these religions offer any true good.

Still, nothing is ever without truth, Satan, our divine numbers, spiritual laws/understandings and so on. I'm hopeful that more people will better rationalize what these religions are - nothing short of an absolute poison to our world yet it is the very thing of which society is controlled and ruled by.

All in all we are unquantifiably fortunate to be on the right side of history and I'll always work to see the positive from all the negative as a focal point and to continually foster growth. I think we are truly far more capable than we can know so stay strong everyone and keep striving. Thanks for sharing all your inputs everyone BTW! 😄

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back