Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Book recommendations?

AFODO

Greetings, I want to love reading, and I'm looking for a book that makes itself read, if that makes sense. Simply, I want to buy a physical book that I like to read, I want to read a good story.
It can be fantasy too, if it's not far-off, twisted, the essential point is it to have a good story that is enjoyable to read.
I'm also not interested in the type of horror that is too sensitive / nsfw / not good to immerse yourself into.

I will also want to start reading Marcus Aurelius, Aristotle, and similar but I'm afraid these will be too hard to read and eventually be boring. I enjoyed reading Zarathustra until the first "speeches" section.
If you are a Hungarian you can also recommend a specific edition / translator.

Greetings, I want to love reading, and I'm looking for a book that makes itself read, if that makes sense. Simply, I want to buy a physical book that I like to read, I want to read a good story.
It can be fantasy too, if it's not far-off, twisted, the essential point is it to have a good story that is enjoyable to read.
I'm also not interested in the type of horror that is too sensitive / nsfw / not good to immerse yourself into.

I will also want to start reading Marcus Aurelius, Aristotle, and similar but I'm afraid these will be too hard to read and eventually be boring. I enjoyed reading Zarathustra until the first "speeches" section.
If you want philosophy then Seneca's Letters is great for understanding stoicism. Marcus Aurelius' meditations was never intended to be published, it was his personal journal, even though it was written from 2nd person, so it may not be as easy to read for someone who knows nothing about the subject.

But if you found Nietzsche's obtuse biblical writing style to be palatable then any book should be no issue for you.

The Bhagavad Gita is easy to read and not too long. Philosophical, but with spiritual themes. It is a proper story and not dry and academic like other philosophy.

The Tao Te Ching is also good. It feels related to stoicism but is written in poetry instead of prose.

As for fiction, if you can stand dark and violent themes, Cormac McCarthy is one of if not the greatest modern writer in american literature, and usually incorporates some philosophical themes into his books. You will like him if you like westerns or Dostoevsky. Blood Meridian and No Country for Old Men are very good.

He was heavily inspired by Dostoevsky, as was Nietzsche. I have only read Notes from the Underground by Dostoevsky. It was good, but also dark and cynical. Dostoevsky has a few other legendary novels like The Brothers Karamazov, Crime & Punishment and The Idiot.

I’m currently reading Hitler’s Table talk and I really like it. You can clearly see his amazing intelligence and It’s very interesting to learn more about his personal opinions on matters like Christianity. However I don’t think it’s a book for you because it’s not in a story format and you are clearly looking for something readable and enjoyable.

I would recommend adventure and travel books with a touch of fantasy like Robins Crusoe for example. They are fun to read and give some nice historical insights.

Check out these writers:
Karl May
Jules verne
Daniel Defoe
James Fenimore Cooper
Felix Dahn
Miguel de Cervantes

Thank you all!
@DarkAries? Which edition you read of Zarathustra, and the other books you might recommend? Any place/shop/publisher that sells "censured" books?

9780895090041.OL.0.m.jpg

https://ca.biblio.com/9780895090041

Gave this book to my dad today as birthday present. Good read.

Found originally on the JoS website.

These books have valuable thoughts and with a simple syllable, allegorical in places:

Among these resources you should strain your intellect, they are serious works of great value:

These treatises will require heightened awareness, allegories are constantly used here that require experience in meditation, and these are treasures:

:love:
This thread got bigger than I thought, thank you everyone! If anyone has any book they liked to read don't hold yourself back from sharing it.

Thank you all!
@DarkAries? Which edition you read of Zarathustra, and the other books you might recommend? Any place/shop/publisher that sells "censured" books?
Why havent I saw this before?😅
A 2016-os, Kurdi Imre által fordított verzió van meg nekem, pár ómagyaros fordítástól(pl you shall --> kötelmed) eltekintve jó.
Obviously, every other book by Nietzsche is a very good choice. Anthycrist, Human all too human, Gaya sciencia, Beyond good and evil... Maybe Will to power is the only exception. That book was edited by his sister, and its very bard to read, even compared to his other works. Still, one of the best.

Papyrus of Ani. A very enjoyable book with insanely detailed parts of egyptian mythology.

The club Dumas. The book that inspirated the ninth gate movie. The book is rather a romantic story about a man who left ruined a toxic relationship with a jewish woman. Also, it speaks the Nazis in a very positive way.

1984. Defenitly the scariest book I ever read(and Im a big horror fan!). Orwell truly putted his blood into this last story, a very sad, relatable and eye-opening dystophy.

Lovecraft. Lighter, really enjoyable novels with a huge punch(what punch, a fucking fatality) with the last few lines. Also, there are a lot of spiritual allegory on those stories

Illiand and Odyssey. Nietzsche putted Homer amongs the only Dionysian artists(other three are Rubens, Hafiz and Goethe). A very different moral system and very different world from the present, also tells a lot of stories about our Gods. There are audio book versions on youtube in hungarian.

Also, we shouldnt go past the only hungarian writer I truly like, Madách Imre, The tragedy of man. Yes, its not perfect, and he only use Satan as the logical, pessimistic view, but there are some true gem on that tiny book.

'Lucifer az angyalokra mutatva'
Dicsér eléggé e hitvány sereg
És illik is, hogy ők dicsérjenek
Te szülted őket, mint árnyát a fény
De mindöröktől fogva élek én

'Lucifer pointing to the angels'
You get enough praise from this worthless army
And its fit they praise you
You birthed them, like light birth its shadow
But I live eternally

De a tudás nem volna elég,
hogy testesüljön létekben
A halhatatlanság fájának gyümölcse is kell
Mit képes tenni az arasznyi lét?
E két fa rejti mind e birtokot
És ettől tiltott el aki alkotott!

But knowledge wouldnt be enough
To bring it reality
You need the fruit of the tree of immortality
What can short life do?
These two tree hold all this
And that what your creator banned from you

Küzdést kívánok, diszharmóniát,
Mely új erőt szül, új világot ád!
Hol a lélek magában nagy lehet
Hová ki bátor, az velem jöhet!

I wish fight, dysharmony
Which bring new force, birth new world
Where soul can be great in itself
Where, who is brave, can follow me!

There is a movie version, almost as good as the book. This one even include english translation, a better translation than mine😅

Maybe anticvares? Its rather time consuming, but there are some treasures if youre lucky enough. Thats how I have a pictured Kamasutra. Also have a first translated Mein Kampf, but thats more of a family legacy.

Marxus Aurelious Meditations. I wont accept everything from stoic philosophy, but that book very worth the read.

Maybe Faust? Even thou Goethe is rather boring for me, but the story is worth to read just once.

Maybe, just maybe Paradise lost? The first chapter is really good, showing Satan as a rebelling anti-hero against a tyrant 'god', but the story quickly fade into xian shit. A shame.

The stories behind the poses. (A jógaaszanák mitológiája) Just finished it a few weeks ago, but its increadible. More into hindu mithology and yoga, but truly gives a boost to daily yoga, share huge spiritual allegories, and very detailed stories of how powerful Shiva(Satan) is. What else could you want? There is literally a story about a man, whos kundalini was so powerful, that after his death, his bones was used as aweapom, wich summon lightnings!

Also read some very interesting book about ayurvedic healing and feng shui(you know, anything to cure diabetes). Some of those methods really opened my eyes.

As you can see, I read a lot😅

Thank you! I didn't like the tragedy of man, It's too much of a nihilist, I think, and it sees man as sinful, and cannot ever be perfect. This is Xian and we know that Jews made us to be this and they destroyed our old systems. These old system didn't failed because of man, but because of the enemy.

But I like Mikszáth Kálmán's novellas.

Thank you! I didn't like the tragedy of man, It's too much of a nihilist, I think, and it sees man as sinful, and cannot ever be perfect. This is Xian and we know that Jews made us to be this and they destroyed our old systems. These old system didn't failed because of man, but because of the enemy.

Yeah, thats my biggest problem with old poems, even if they want to show Satan in a positive way, they have to stick to the shitty xian way.
I wouldnt say tragedy of man is nihilistic, more like more way of existential philosophy. Still, I think the only hungarian book that has some deepness. Adam is rather absurdist(life is meaningless, but I dont care) while Lucifer is a rather pessimistic figure, who always the 'but' in these meaning. If not really a spiritual book, a rather good philosophycal way.
About other hungarian writers... I dont know, most of them havent produced any deep tought. Or there is Ady who literally get married to a jewish woman, wrote agy poems about death then drinked himself to death.
I also like Arany János, I just miss the deeper meanings in his writings.

Forget to mention there is a hungarian book called 'Feng Shui a gyógyításban és egészségmegőrzésben'. Really easy to read, and have very useful ways to improve the flow of energy.

About other hungarian writers... I dont know, most of them havent produced any deep tought. Or there is Ady who literally get married to a jewish woman, wrote agy poems about death then drinked himself to death.
I also like Arany János, I just miss the deeper meanings in his writings.

Well, I think Csokonai is even a Jew, he looks like one. Ady is disgusting also.

I love Arany on the other hand. He is an exceptional writer.
But they are called writers and not philosophers for a reason. My main expectation from a writer to write something enjoyable and use the language right, so good that also makes you a better speaker of the language. And of course don't write bullshit or something very anti-Satanic. I like writers of realism.

By the way, Gede testverek is a very good publisher, besides being a xian. But if one wants to read NS things in Hungarian than this is probably the way to go.

Also, if you want to read Philosophy than turn to ancient writers. The Atlantisz publisher is very much promising in that field. https://bookline.hu/publisher/publisherProducts.action?id=206&page=1
But I always check who is the translator, and sometimes I find pictures of them or wiki pages. If they say that somebody checked the translation than it's even better. Sadly, the most recent, and most famous translator of the Illiad is a communist Jew...

Well, I think Csokonai is even a Jew, he looks like one. Ady is disgusting also.

I love Arany on the other hand. He is an exceptional writer.
But they are called writers and not philosophers for a reason. My main expectation from a writer to write something enjoyable and use the language right, so good that also makes you a better speaker of the language. And of course don't write bullshit or something very anti-Satanic. I like writers of realism.

By the way, Gede testverek is a very good publisher, besides being a xian. But if one wants to read NS things in Hungarian than this is probably the way to go.

Also, if you want to read Philosophy than turn to ancient writers. The Atlantisz publisher is very much promising in that field. https://bookline.hu/publisher/publisherProducts.action?id=206&page=1
But I always check who is the translator, and sometimes I find pictures of them or wiki pages. If they say that somebody checked the translation than it's even better. Sadly, the most recent, and most famous translator of the Illiad is a communist Jew...
Thank you for that. Yeah, Arany is increadibly good, you can feel he enjoyed writing.
Even worse than Ady, there is Radnóti, a literal jew(even had the ratlike face). Cringe to see that some book mention this rat as the most important poet. Even his poems are horroble.😂
Yeah, I felt it while reading Illiad. Sadly the other way is to learn ancient greek😕
Speaking of translators, I read two different translations of the greek poem Antigone. One way back in school by Trencsényi-Waldapfel Imre, which was just an awful, barely readable mess. Later one from Mészöly Dezső, and it was as easy to read and understand like reading the news!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back