Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Amaymon?

kaiser vox

I have found almost nothing about Amaymon, I feel attracted to him and I would like to know information about him. I would even like to know how to summon him.

Amaymon is other name of Mammon u can see in joyofsatan page how to summon demons if nothing sigil in jos u can vibrate that name when doing meditation

He is a Demon from the book of Abramelin, the name come from Maimone a pluvial God from the Sardinian mythology linked to Amon.
Translated from Italian Wikipedia
Maimone is a divinity of nuragic mythology linked to waters and rain.
Index

Origin and cult

According to some researchers Maimone corresponds to the ancient Phoenician deity of the rain [1]. The linguist Max Leopold Wagner in his Sardinian etymological dictionary translates Maimone with a boot giving the end of Semitic origins and explaining that it originally indicated a monkey and subsequently defined an imaginary beast.

Other scholars such as Mario Ligia say instead that Maimone corresponds to a divinity of the rain of protosard origin, then reinterpreted by the Phoenicians. The root Maim'o, in fact, could be traced back to the Phoenician Mem (), water [2], while the Jewish misery 'ממון (mmôn) means money, possession [3], as well as the personification of the lust of money, represented Like a demon, mammon.

Always Mario Ligia identifies him with the Amaon Libyan-Berber god, with the difference that the root of the Sardinian word Maimone, due to the presence of vowel I, would be older and would prove directly from Asia Minor and not from Africa [4 ].

The father of Sardinian archeology Giovanni Lilliu in his work The Civilization of the Sardinians writes that Maimone was a demonic being invoked as a rain facing in Cagliari and Ghilarza while in Iglesias was the spirit of a still existing city well, called on Maimoni.

Maimone's cult is still present in Ogliastra and in some Barbagia centers. Until the last century, the Sardinian farmers and shepherds invoked:
(SC)

«Maimone Maimone
Cheret abbur on Laòre
Cheret abbur on siccau
Maimone Laudau! "
(IT)

«Maimone, Maimone
The cereal (sown) requires water
It requires water annoyed (field)
Maimone Laudato "

(Sardinian invocation)

The name varied and varied often: Mamuthone in Mamoiada, Maimone and Hune in Orgosolo, on Maimulu in Ulassai. Traditional Sardinian masks refer to this divinity of nature (on Maimulu).

It was identified, with the advent of Christianity, as a demon, if not even with the devil itself.
In isolated areas it is evident there were pagans until the Middle Ages forwarded, if not until the Renaissance. Some names of pagan deities are certainly merged into the grimoires.

Read for example the Directorium Inquisitorum (1376), you will see that it is talking about both the persecutions of pagan people and a certain Tabula Salomonis, which, however, has not been identified with any of the grimoires we possess and is probably lost.

Amaymon or Mammon is a Hebrew corruption, the real name is Ammonas which is another title by which Beelzebul was known in ancient Greece.

The name Maimone is also very close to Memnon but in the latter case I do not know which demon is.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back