Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Advice for those studying astrology...

I have been a student of astrology for a couple years now, and I got to one point where I felt "stuck"--like the information out there wasn't enough to get me any further. Either the books are too simplistic (the coffee table variety don't even enter into it) or so over my head I couldn't comprehend them--those type usually the author knows a lot but doesn't bother to teach it properly, too busy showing off. But a friend asked me to calculate his birth chart, and I've done about 12 by now so I said okay. I have been looking back at old books and finding that I understand them better now. I think it's a matter of just going slowly and realizing you aren't going to learn astrology overnight, but I think it is well worth it not to give up altogether. A good book I've found very useful is Nicholas Campion's "The Ultimate Astrologer." Okay it has that dreadful word "ultimate" but it is truly a good comprehensive book. There are other good books but they are few and far between. Just remember to keep trying and never give up...

Finding a good book is hard, because many people that write astrology books go by what they are taught and have little experience with readings. Or they put their own bullshit there to get some extra bucks. I've even seen a book called "christian astrology", no kidding!!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "moonshadow48@..." <moonshadow48@... wrote:

I have been a student of astrology for a couple years now, and I got to one point where I felt "stuck"--like the information out there wasn't enough to get me any further. Either the books are too simplistic (the coffee table variety don't even enter into it) or so over my head I couldn't comprehend them--those type usually the author knows a lot but doesn't bother to teach it properly, too busy showing off. But a friend asked me to calculate his birth chart, and I've done about 12 by now so I said okay. I have been looking back at old books and finding that I understand them better now. I think it's a matter of just going slowly and realizing you aren't going to learn astrology overnight, but I think it is well worth it not to give up altogether. A good book I've found very useful is Nicholas Campion's "The Ultimate Astrologer." Okay it has that dreadful word "ultimate" but it is truly a good comprehensive book. There are other good books but they are few and far between. Just remember to keep trying and never give up...

Speak of a contradiction in terms.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "daitsun88" <daitsun88@... wrote:

Finding a good book is hard, because many people that write astrology books go by what they are taught and have little experience with readings. Or they put their own bullshit there to get some extra bucks. I've even seen a book called "christian astrology", no kidding!!

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "moonshadow48@" <moonshadow48@ wrote:

Hah, "Christian" astrology--that sucks, man. They deride astrology or any occult practices in the buybull, so how can they not be "sinning"? Hypochristians.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "daitsun88" <daitsun88@... wrote:

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "moonshadow48@" <moonshadow48@ wrote:

Their buybull contradicts itself in the subject of astrology, some passages condemn it others allow it. A xian that likes astrology can cherry-pick a scripture allowing it while ignoring the others. That's how their "holy text" works...It is pointed out here:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/interp/astrology.html

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "moonshadow48@..." <moonshadow48@... wrote:

Hah, "Christian" astrology--that sucks, man. They deride astrology or any occult practices in the buybull, so how can they not be "sinning"? Hypochristians.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "daitsun88" <daitsun88@ wrote:

Since there's no such thing as an honest xtian, anyway. All xtians are hypocrites.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "daitsun88" <daitsun88@ wrote:

That's what happens when they are supposed to follow something which is clearly against their nature and their nature resists. They can't follow all of it so they end up being hypocrites. I'm sure a real xian following everything their "religion" says would end up in a psychiatric hospital or killing himself.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "davidcommer" <davidcommer@... wrote:

Since there's no such thing as an honest xtian, anyway. All xtians are hypocrites.

That would be a good start, all of them killing themselves.

That's what happens when they are supposed to follow something which is clearly against their nature and their nature resists. They can't follow all of it so they end up being hypocrites. I'm sure a real xian following everything their "religion" says would end up in a psychiatric hospital or killing himself.

--- In [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], "davidcommer" <davidcommer@ wrote:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back