Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

#540 Math foundations for Astrology

AskSatanOperator

Hello. I would like to ask those who created jos-astro.com or those who are very strong in mathematics regarding Astrology. I am wondering what equations have been used for the Placidus house system in order to automate computations by date that we see on jos-astro.com. Also, other related equations. To put it simply, I would like to be redirected to books, sources or code on the Internet that would be usable for me to learn how this result is generated: https://jos-astro.com/api/current-planets?date=2024-11-03&full=1 . As far as I tried googling, I did not find any adequate information that would be usable for me to read from the start to understand how and why these numbers are received. Thank you for helping me in studying Astrology.

Hello. I would like to ask those who created jos-astro.com or those who are very strong in mathematics regarding Astrology. I am wondering what equations have been used for the Placidus house system in order to automate computations by date that we see on jos-astro.com. Also, other related equations. To put it simply, I would like to be redirected to books, sources or code on the Internet that would be usable for me to learn how this result is generated: https://jos-astro.com/api/current-planets?date=2024-11-03&full=1 . As far as I tried googling, I did not find any adequate information that would be usable for me to read from the start to understand how and why these numbers are received. Thank you for helping me in studying Astrology.
For the mathematics, you could try "Astrological Chart Calculations - An Outline of Conventions and Methodology" by Bruce Scofield.

This book covers all the mathematics for basic chart calculations and covers the Placidus House System, however, if you were wanting to calculate other house systems, then you would need to find another book.

I have the physical book, however, I imagine you can probably find this book "online" somewhere like Anna's archive if you wanted to.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back