Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Family #403 I look like my father...

This question is related to the user's family.

AskSatanOperator

Every day that passes I see myself more in my father, I wouldn't like that because he is rude, arrogant, has anger issues... I don't want to be like him, but I'm acting like him. Sometimes I'm talking normally but I see him talking, certain ways of acting... do you think it's better if I cut ties? I just don't want to see myself in him more and more each day.I don't depend on him, but I want to go to college and he said he'll pay half. ( I'm woman)

This may be extreme but, I would try to understand if you suffered any kind of trauma in your childhood or physical abuse from your father.
Feeling "like him" is common in similar cases, it is a form of deep rooted psychic vampirism so deep that you may even absorb your abuser/vampire moods, thoughts and behaviours. I experienced this on me, it is complicated, but is linked to repressed emotions and memories, and to the eventually affected chakras. I even sometimes had a different style in handwriting that recalled my father's one, in days when I was weak. I know it's also a mental trick as I do not write like him, but sometimes half style is like a clone.
Sorry for my straight reply but, it is quite uncommon a woman identifies with her father.
Are you facing a Saturn or Neptune transit that is weakening your Sun, Mars or Chart Ruler? This event, may increase what you are experiencing.
At least, this is what happened to me.

Every day that passes I see myself more in my father, I wouldn't like that because he is rude, arrogant, has anger issues... I don't want to be like him, but I'm acting like him. Sometimes I'm talking normally but I see him talking, certain ways of acting... do you think it's better if I cut ties? I just don't want to see myself in him more and more each day.I don't depend on him, but I want to go to college and he said he'll pay half. ( I'm woman)
You don't have to be like your father in specific qualities, you can focus on your mother, but at the same time take only good and best qualities from your father (those that you consider good).

We will never be who our parents were, but we can take the best or the worst from them.

I recommend that you take the best that is in your parents, and reject the negative qualities. You have to be able to see both sides of people-the good and the bad (good and bad qualities, not just bad or good ones).

Hi, my father is a violent lunatic who abused me for more than a decade in a physically and verbally violent manner. I had this fear too. I absolutely didn't want to become a despicable psychopath with truly disturbing problems.

Yet I'm not even remotely like him, because I focused on my true character and not on my father's terrible "life" example.

In fact, I am a person who has found his personal path. In this journey, one thing that has helped me a lot are the teachings of the Gods, which I have always wanted to learn and I have managed to integrate them into my true personal charisma:

The environment in which we grow up has a great impact on our psyche. There are studies that show how using aggression or violence against children teaches them the same behavior. This may be your reason, even unconsciously - in which you express and copy the actions in the form that your father's behavior taught you. This is not a certainty, but it may be one of the reasons.

Cutting off contact completely is extreme, but if you really feel that your father has a negative impact on your life or well-being, you can do so. Alternatively, keep your distance from him, but also maintain minimal contact with your father. This way you will also check whether your conduct has changed, as well as your well-being after keeping your distance from your dad.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back