Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

#251 Nail biting.

AskSatanOperator

What do you recommend for nail biting?
My nail beds are showing.
I've tried a lot of things like psychologists and dermatologists.
And i've done everything you can think of.

I envy long nails, so I'm asking for your help.

There are some nail varnishes that created for nail biters. They usually taste so bad that you don't bite your nails. If you are a man and don't want to paint your nails there are some colourless ones as well.

Also gums can help with that too.

Forget about using bitter nail polishes and other products of this ointment - they are ineffective and useless, because you will be able to get used to this taste. Biting your nails is a bad habit, but it doesn't happen without a reason. Therefore, it is worth considering where this habit comes from and when it appeared.

Typically, this problem concerns people who struggle with stress, anxiety or neurosis. If the problem is caused by the above-mentioned reasons, it is worth considering what you can do to eliminate or reduce your stress level. For example, contact with nature reduces the level of cortisol, the stress hormone. This means that even taking a twenty or half-hour walk in nature like in the forest will lower your stress level, relax and unwind you. You can also engage in void meditation, breathing exercises and yoga there.

Try to keep your hands busy. Always have something (It can be anything like for example pencil) at your fingertips to keep your hands occupied and shift your focus on this activity. There are also toys, such as an anti-stress ball, to which you can shift your attention. Use nail clippers and shorten your nails as short as possible. This will let you help to learn a new habit in which you will use nail clippers systematically.

Moreover, bitten nails not only result in an unsightly appearance, but can also lead to health complications. It's worth reading about it as a warning.

As a last resource, I personally think this may be a sort of energy vortex.
I found the same patterns in different people, in different locations, like their unconscious is driven by a common force. Like for example some woman do play with their hair making curls with a finger, this happens with the same pattern in different areas of the world as a sort of emotional discharge, people doing this emit negative vibrations at a high ratio (at least for what I can sense) so it seems like they are slightly "possessed" so to say.
Have you tried a Munka meditation like "biting nails abandons me forever" ? Like it is a sort of external pulse driving your mind, that you cast away from you?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back